1. Joined
    22 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 May '07 18:00
    When I first joined RedHotPawn about a month ago, if I clicked on Open Invites on my home page there were usually some games available. I have not seen a single game the last 8 or 10 times I have clicked this buttom. Is there something else I need to do to make the Open Invites visible? Or is there somewhre else on the site where the games people are offering to play are displayed?
  2. Berks.
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:50
    IIRC there is a limitation on what non-subs can see - i.e. only the games you can accept. Or maybe it applies to provisionals.

There are games there, one been listed continuously since 11th April.

If there is a shortage of games on offer post your own - it will be seen and taken quite quickly.
  3. USA
    Moves
    05 May '07 20:03
    Originally posted by Peakite
    IIRC there is a limitation on what non-subs can see - i.e. only the games you can accept. Or maybe it applies to provisionals.

If there is a shortage of games on offer post your own - it will be seen and taken quite quickly.
    ya what he said....
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    05 May '07 21:29
    Originally posted by Peakite

only applies to provisionals - i see lots of games i cant accept
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '07 00:51
    I have the same problem - I never fit within their rating limits, if I do I don't fit their timebank preferences.

If I put up an open invite with a rating limit, how does the opponent respond ? and does the game get removed from the open invites list ?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '07 02:11
    Cancel the above - I've been experimenting, now I understand - if I qualify I get the "accept game offer" message. Duh!
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I have the same problem - I never fit within their rating limits, if I do I don't fit their timebank preferences.

If I put up an open invite with a rating limit, how does the opponent respond ? and does the game get removed from the open invites list ?
    If someone wants [and is able] to accept your open invite there is a link next to it saying "accept game offer".

Provisionals should be able to see the games - but they are not able to accept games that have any rating limits set. [hence there would be no "accept..." link next to them]

The games are left there until they are accepted - although the admin [I assume] remove nonsensical invites sometimes.

The easiest solution is to set your own open invites, as stated above.

This post is according to my experience and is the situation now,unless there have been any recent changes, of course

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree