Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 15 Jun '05 22:54 / 1 edit
    help! I can't see the squares on my chessboards! It appears for less than a second then disappears. I've played with Java settings etc but I'm getting this problem in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Netscape browser. Any ideas?

thx
    🙁😞:'(😠 😴
  2. 16 Jun '05 00:46
    Originally posted by Chowfun
    help! I can't see the squares on my chessboards! It appears for less than a second then disappears. I've played with Java settings etc but I'm getting this problem in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Netscape browser. Any ideas?

thx
    Have you run a virus/trojan scan lately? I ask because I _think_ I may have picked up a Java-App trojan from another chess site (NOT RHP). Norton A-V cleaned it up for me.

Also, have you rebooted in between these attempts with the different browsers?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    16 Jun '05 19:01
    Do you set your desktop to use 256 colours? If so, increase this and all should be well.

-Russ
  4. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    19 Jun '05 22:03
    Originally posted by Chowfun

thx
    Try drawing them on your screen with a Magic Marker.
  5. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    19 Jun '05 22:04
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    Have you run a virus/trojan scan lately? I ask because I _think_ I may have picked up a Java-App trojan from another chess site (NOT RHP). Norton A-V cleaned it up for me.

Also, have you rebooted in between these attempts with the different browsers?
    How many viruses do you know of that attack chessboards?
  6. 19 Jun '05 22:08
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    How many viruses do you know of that attack chessboards?
    The E-Bowmann virus is particularly nasty, but it tends to be more drawn towards chess forums than chess boards.