1. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 03:15
    Seems to be a user-interface ommission .... if I browse to a game, there's no obvious way to update the notebook without making a move, when it's my turn.

When it's my opponent's turn I can do it easily. When it's my turn, there's only the Move button (no save notebook).

Why do I want this? When I have many games on the go, I browse through them all, play the easy moves, and come back to mull over the harder ones. By making notes to myself during the first examination it makes it easier to filter through the game list later on.

2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 03:26
    Originally posted by dsb3
    Seems to be a user-interface ommission .... if I browse to a game, there's no obvious way to update the notebook without making a move, when it's my turn.

When it's my opponent's turn I can do it easily. When it's my turn, there's only the Move button (no save notebook).

Why do I want this? When I have many games on the go, I browse through them a ...[text shortened]... lf during the first examination it makes it easier to filter through the game list later on.

If you are in a game, not your move you will see a list next to the board.

It is now your opponent's move.

Go to Next waiting game
    Refresh this board
    View my games
    Notebook

Click Notebook and write your 250 words...

Under that you should see 'Save notebook changes'. Be sure to click that to save your notes.

If you are using another method to brows games, you need to use your game list.

P-
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 04:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you are in a game, not your move you will see a list next to the board.

It is now your opponent's move.

Go to Next waiting game
    Refresh this board
    View my games
    Notebook

Click Notebook and write your 250 words...

Under that you should see 'Save notebook changes'. Be sure to click that to save your notes.

If you are using another method to brows games, you need to use your game list.

P-
    Phlab, I think he wants to write to the note book on his move and return later to read his "memo' and then make the move?

M
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 04:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Phlab, I think he wants to write to the note book [b]on his move and return later to read his "memo' and then make the move?

M [/b]
    Wow, that would help!

There should be an update button just like when it is not your turn.

P-
  5. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    17 Aug '04 22:54
    ... would also like a "resign" option, even when it's not my turn.

Having just thrown away a perfectly playable game (you know - when you see the King/Rook fork your opponent can play the MICROSECOND before bashing "Move" but your finger is already moving too fast to stop it ....) I'd like to cut short my misery and not have to wait for the inevitable.
  6. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    18 Aug '04 16:50
    ... and one more comment on this feature request.

When it's not your turn to move you can update the notebook, but it seems to default to your regular "after move preference" setting.

For playing games, I have that setting to "go to next waiting game". When I've pulled up a game where it's not my turn I can't save the notebook without it hopping to the next game.

I'd suggest that "save notebook" always refreshes the current game. It gives visual confirmation that the changes were made, and also offers the "go to next waiting game" as an option once the page has loaded.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree