notes

Standard memberbuddy2
Help 15 Jul '04 17:51
  1. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '04 17:51
    I'd like to make notes on individual moves. The note section is for the whole game, which isn't much use to me.
  2. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 10:41
    you can edit the notebook whenever, ie change it so that it is for each move...
  3. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 13:52
    I don't understand, Genius. You're given 250 characters for the whole game! For forty moves that means a little over 6 characters per move. Hardly enough to keep a running commentary. How could I edit that??
  4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 14:37
    Originally posted by buddy2
    I don't understand, Genius. You're given 250 characters for the whole game! For forty moves that means a little over 6 characters per move. Hardly enough to keep a running commentary. How could I edit that??
    if you want a running commentry, you'd be best to do it in a text editor thingy-cause if every player kept a running commentart on every game, the servers might get a bit clogged up...😛
  5. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 17:25
    I don't think most people would bother writing notes. I wouldn't want to do it for every game, just certain ones I'd like to learn from. I guess code could be written allowing subscribers to write notes from one game, every move. Then theyd have to delete those notes after printing them out (if so desired) to write notes for another game. That way it wouldn't take up much space. I mean what can you write in 250 characters? Not much of substance. What do you think? Anyway, I'd bet few people would take advantage. I bet very few subscribers take advantage of the notes now. I tried, then I realized I wouldn't have enough space to write anything helpful.
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 19:15
    Originally posted by buddy2
    I'd like to make notes on individual moves. The note section is for the whole game, which isn't much use to me.
    I quite often make notes on individual moves. The 250 character limit is per each use. I don't seem to have any trouble making notes with the alloted characters. When you want to revise them for your next move or thought, just click and hold/drag to highlight your last note and hit delete. Then enter your next thought. If you delete all of your text, your next entry has a new allotment of 250 characters. Give it a try, I think you'll find it very easy and useful... Enjoy your chess my friend.
    FB

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree