Notification?

Standard memberodie
Help 30 Nov '03 19:23
  1. Joined
    26 Jul '02
    Moves
    30 Nov '03 19:23
    Chris/Russ,

Love the site, spend waayy too much time here, but I have one request.

Is there some way you can notify members when their subscription is about to be renewed?

I got a charge from 2checkout.com on my credit card statment and had no idea what it was. Had to go through them to find out it was my re-up for RHP.

I am glad I renewed, but is there a way you caould advise us a charge went through?

Thanks
    Odie
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    30 Nov '03 21:20
    Originally posted by odie
    Chris/Russ,

Is there some way you can notify members when their subscription is about to be renewed?

I got a charge from 2checkout.com on my credit card statment and had no idea what it was. Had to go through them to find out it was my re-up for RHP.

I am glad I renewed, but is there a way you caould advise us a charge went through?

Thanks
    Odie
    I was actually wondering how the renewing was done - automatic sounds great to me! 🙂 However, I agree that an e-mail notification about it, maybe a couple of weeks in advance would be in order.

-Jarno
  3. Seattle, WA
    Moves
    01 Dec '03 06:011 edit
    I was just talking about this last night! I have no idea if I was automatically rebilled last year and if the same thing will happen this year. Being notified, say a month beforehand would allow people who do not wish to renew to finish their tournament and clan games before being kicked back to six games.

EDIT: Pyrrho, your avatar is hilarious.
  4. Joined
    27 Mar '02
    Moves
    01 Dec '03 08:22
    Chris/Russ,

Thanks
    Odie
    2checkout.com sent me email maybe a week or two before they charged my card. Has your email address changed lately?

LK
  5. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    01 Dec '03 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by Poison Godmachine

EDIT: Pyrrho, your avatar is hilarious.
    Glad you like it! It's me after having blundered away my queen.... 😉

Yours is not without attitude either! 😀

-Jarno
  6. e2
    Moves
    01 Dec '03 14:20
    This is a good thread. I wonder how it is handled for folks like myself, who pay by means other than a credit card . . .
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Dec '03 21:05
    Chris/Russ,

Thanks
    Odie
    2Checkout notifies everyone before they are re-billed automatically. If anyone wants to cancel, they can just contact me and I can make sure it is stopped.

This is fine for most, but I have had emails from some folks who are unhappy - I suspect people changing their email address during the year being the main problem. I guess I really need to emphasise on the subs page that it works this way.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    26 Jul '02
    Moves
    14 Dec '03 16:11
    Russ,

Sorry I took so long to reply, been away. Thanks for the info. I did change my email about 10 months ago. I will go to 2checkout and see if I can update it!

Odie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree