1. Standard memberturtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    United States
    Moves
    25 Mar '04 16:35
    Russ -

Did I miss something. I see that new player matt05 has 9 games in progress yet is not a member? Did this change? I just told a friend about your site and indicated 6 games for the unsubscribed.

Regards, turtlex
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Mar '04 16:55
    8 games and not a single move made... interesting.

P-
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Mar '04 09:49
    6 is the limit. Not sure how he managed 7, I'll look into that.

People who do this drive me nuts - it really is very damaging for the site to have new users take games off other new users, and then not move. Both players will then leave the site before they have given it a chance as they believe it is not active. Grrrrr 😠

-Russ
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    26 Mar '04 17:27
    Maybe you could have a new member welcoming committee who play games against newcomers. IECG and IECC both have a training program to make sure new applicants are serious.

5. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    26 Mar '04 18:01
    Originally posted by dscp
    Maybe you could have a new member welcoming committee who play games against newcomers. IECG and IECC both have a training program to make sure new applicants are serious.

I think thats a very good idea ... I just filled in an application for the IECG and they offer a training program. Before you are registered as a new member you have to answer some basic questions about your chess skills et cetera. On Chessworld you are welcomed by another player who acts like a kind of "host" to the site. You can ask all kinds of questions during your very first match.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree