1. Joined
    07 May '10
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 17:38
    I'm rather annoyed because I had started a game, made the first move (as White), and saw my opponent's first move. I had been busy with other matters in the last day or two and had only just now gotten around to moving (though I had more than a day left to move in a 3-day turnaround), went to the board to do so, and found that the old game was no longer there but a new and unsolicited game with a different opponent was. The thing is, the timer was the same for both games (i.e., the timer for the new game showed about a day left for me to move, even though the new game was only created within the last hour).
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 18:11
    Originally posted by Schach Attack
    I'm rather annoyed because I had started a game, made the first move (as White), and saw my opponent's first move. I had been busy with other matters in the last day or two and had only just now gotten around to moving (though I had more than a day left to move in a 3-day turnaround), went to the board to do so, and found that the old game was no long ...[text shortened]... ut a day left for me to move, even though the new game was only created within the last hour).
    You shouldn't be annoyed.

A game that has not reached 2 moves (or rather 4 halfmoves) can be aborted by either player of any reason. Rating will not be affected, nor will the win/lose statistic be. It's well within the rules of this site, and it has its reasons.

Sheer up and move on.
  3. Joined
    07 May '10
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 23:162 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A game that has not reached 2 moves (or rather 4 halfmoves) can be aborted by either player of [sic] any reason.
    I am aware of that. Why was the game not merely cancelled, but replaced, by a game with a different, unsolicited opponent? Why was the replacement game given the same timer value as the old game that had been cancelled, even though the replacement game was only an hour old, not two days old?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 23:19
    My guess is that the original game was created by an open invite. Aborted open invites are returned to the pool and can be picked up as a new game by someone else.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 10:32
    Originally posted by Schach Attack
    I am aware of that. Why was the game not merely cancelled, but replaced, by a game with a different, unsolicited opponent? Why was the replacement game given the same timer value as the old game that had been cancelled, even though the replacement game was only an hour old, not two days old?
    When I was new at RHP and wanted a new game, I looked for those having a slot open. I chosed an appropriate member and started a new game with him. I always gave them a remark of this, something like "Would you like a game with me?", but all challengers don't do that.

I think one opponent cancelled the game with you, because he thought you had abandoned the game without telling him. Another member discovered a free slot by you, and challenged you.

Noone replaced a game to another. One cancelled and another one started a game. That's my speculation.

Does it matter? Play on, and sheer up! Have fun!
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 01:26
    I am playing my first game on Red Hot pawn. The game # I am having trouble with is 7571058. When I received White's 28th move, the board replicated white's 27th move. It did not show Black's 27th move or White's 28th move. I did not find a similar problem in the FAQs I read. Any idea of how this has happened? The log of the game shows the correct positions for all moves. //Certman//
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 04:17
    Originally posted by Certman
    I am playing my first game on Red Hot pawn. The game # I am having trouble with is 7571058. When I received White's 28th move, the board replicated white's 27th move. It did not show Black's 27th move or White's 28th move. I did not find a similar problem in the FAQs I read. Any idea of how this has happened? The log of the game shows the correct positions for all moves. //Certman//
    I don't see anything strange with the Game 7571058...
  8. Joined
    04 Jul '10
    Moves
    12 Aug '10 00:09
    The opponent resent the move and the board appeared as it should. //Certman//

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree