Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Qweequeg
    Beyond Category
    11 Jul '04 15:12
    I'm playing a one-on-one clan match. There are two strange things about it...

    1. My opponent doesn't have a star. How can he be in a clan - the leader of the clan, mind you - without being a subscriber? I suppose he could have let his subscription lapse, but...?

    2. My opponent has already blown his 7-day timeout and is running on his 21-day timebank now. But for the past three days his timebank has shown that he has 19.26 days left. 😕

    Any thoughts?
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    12 Jul '04 01:43
    Originally posted by Qweequeg
    I'm playing a one-on-one clan match. There are two strange things about it...

    1. My opponent doesn't have a star. How can he be in a clan - the leader of the clan, mind you - without being a subscriber? I suppose he could have let his subscription lapse, but...?

    2. My opponent has already blown his 7-day timeout and is running on his 21-day timebank ...[text shortened]... for the past three days his timebank has shown that he has 19.26 days left. 😕

    Any thoughts?
    2. He probably moved, which starts the timeout all over again. Just guessing.
  3. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    12 Jul '04 04:25
    Originally posted by rwingett
    2. He probably moved, which starts the timeout all over again. Just guessing.
    Timebank is the problem,not the time-out period.Which,he said, is 7 days so his oppo can never have 19.26 days.Timebank doesn't start over,does it?
  4. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    12 Jul '04 07:22
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Timebank is the problem,not the time-out period.Which,he said, is 7 days so his oppo can never have 19.26 days.Timebank doesn't start over,does it?
    Why can he not have 19.26 days?

    After 7 days it starts going down, if he then moves it stops at whatever point. His 7 days then start again before it will begin to drop once more.
  5. Standard member NicolaiS
    Cannabist
    12 Jul '04 08:27 / 1 edit
    No matter the Timebank ... how about having a clan without a subscription, weirdness. Have you send a message to Russ?

    Wait a sec ... he probably had a month subscription, create the clan and started challenging... hmmm ... yep, thats allowed.
  6. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    12 Jul '04 08:32
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    No matter the Timebank ... how about having a clan without a subscription, weirdness. Have you send a message to Russ?

    Wait a sec ... he probably had a month subscription, create the clan and started challenging... hmmm ... yep, thats allowed.
    Hmmm....I hope this is a case of the player in question is just between renewing subscriptions. It seems as though there could be a loophole in the clan system where a person could take out a short term subscription create a clan and once subscription has ran out still able to run the clan and take part in clan challenges.