Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 07 Mar '04 04:58
    I was wondering why the number of games for a non subscriper should be limited. Could you plz reply.

    Thank You,
    Mst.ofDestruction
  2. 07 Mar '04 05:07
    You must pay to play more games.
  3. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    07 Mar '04 05:28
    Originally posted by MstofDestruction2
    I was wondering why the number of games for a non subscriper should be limited. Could you plz reply.

    Thank You,
    Mst.ofDestruction
    Well lets see. If non subscribers had no limit on their total games, then why would anyone bother to pay??

    skeeter
  4. Standard member Otis
    Lucky Patzer
    07 Mar '04 05:30
    to join clans and tournaments
  5. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    07 Mar '04 05:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Otis
    to join clans and tournaments
    Yes,and then the next post we read is: 'I was wondering why you must be a subscriber to play in clans and tournaments'.

    If you like this site and you can afford it then subscribe so Russ can keep maintaining it (and getting filthy rich in the process .😛 )
  6. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    07 Mar '04 05:36
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Yes,and then the next post we read is: 'I was wondering why you must be a subscriber to play in clans and tournaments'.

    If you like this site and you can afford it then subscribe so Russ can keep maintaining it (and getting filthy rich in the process .😛 )
    Exactly
  7. 07 Mar '04 12:51
    Originally posted by MstofDestruction2
    I was wondering why the number of games for a non subscriper should be limited. Could you plz reply.

    Thank You,
    Mst.ofDestruction
    In addition to what's been said before, one major reason is that the more games you play, the more traffic it causes on the site, and the more money the site owners have to pay for having their site up. Also, the extra traffic means that faster and more expensive hardware is needed to run the site.

    If everyone got unlimited games, the site trafic would rise explosively, without the extra money coming in to cover the costs involved.

    So in addition to it being an incentive for people to subscribe, it is also a necessity to keep the costs from going up the roof.

    -Jarno
  8. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    08 Mar '04 03:35
    $20 is nothing for a years membership, whats the problem?? 🙂¬~
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    09 Mar '04 09:15
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    $20 is nothing for a years membership, whats the problem?? 🙂¬~
    it is something. but playing here at RHP is $20 worth! (and far more!)
    th
  10. 09 Mar '04 09:43
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Exactly
    Just testing how you reply to a certain part of a response to a previous post.
    Trying to respond to the "filthy rich" bit - I doubt it.


    If this is garbage - sorry - just trying to learn how to reply and quote to parts of an earlier thread - not just the last.

  11. 09 Mar '04 09:44
    ok - got it wrong.
    how do I reply to the post containing the bit about Russ making a "truckload"
  12. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    09 Mar '04 10:29
    Originally posted by MartinS
    ok - got it wrong.
    how do I reply to the post containing the bit about Russ making a "truckload"
    Careful with that line or the RHP 'truck' may become Martin-less. Hmmm?

    skeeter
  13. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    09 Mar '04 11:39
    Originally posted by MartinS
    ok - got it wrong.
    how do I reply to the post containing the bit about Russ making a "truckload"
    click on the 'reply and quote' under the specific post you wish to respond to.