offered a draw

Standard membertarrae
Help 25 Nov '05 16:02
  1. Joined
    03 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:02
    I've been offered a draw by my opponent. We are playing a slow game, but a winner is clearly possible. Many pieces are on the board. What does it mean for me to accept his draw? How is a draw scored? My opponent is 100 points higher than I.
    Thanks
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 17:451 edit
    I doubt if anyone will advise whether to accept or not as it's a game in progress and you will have to make that call for yourself. But I don't think you are asking for advise on what to do, so....

Basically a draw means you did not win or lose the game, and it will be counted accordingly in your statistics, the same as with a stalemate.

It is possible that the lower rated player could get a few rating points added in a drawn game, and the higher rated player lose that amount. I'm not sure how much of a rating difference is needed for that to happen, but maybe the formula that is published in our 'help/FAQ' section can answer that.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 02:18
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I doubt if anyone will advise whether to accept or not as it's a game in progress and you will have to make that call for yourself. But I don't think you are asking for advise on what to do, so....

Basically a draw means you did not win or lose the game, and it will be counted accordingly in your statistics, the same as with a stalemate.

It is poss ...[text shortened]... to happen, but maybe the formula that is published in our 'help/FAQ' section can answer that.
    If your rating is less than your opponents by 11 points or more then you will gain at least one point from a draw with them (assuming you are under 2199).
  4. University
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 02:41
    Originally posted by tarrae
    I've been offered a draw by my opponent. We are playing a slow game, but a winner is clearly possible. Many pieces are on the board. What does it mean for me to accept his draw? How is a draw scored? My opponent is 100 points higher than I.
    Thanks
    Maybe your opponent can't finish your game for some reason, ask him/her why they think there should be a draw. If the game is slow, maybe your opponent wants to play someone else.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:07
    Originally posted by Whats goin on eh
    ...If the game is slow, maybe your opponent wants to play someone else.
    If that was the case, surely it would be up to the opponent to resign.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree