Open Invites

Standard memberDecanter
Help 23 Apr '04 16:12
  1. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 16:121 edit
    Ok, my games are running low so in the past week I've posted over 15 open invites... all with the same stipulation: 1350-1500 Fast Stars Only ALL ELSE REFUSED.

Out of 15 invites, a grand total of THREE takers met my criteria.

PLEASE allow built-in controls for open invites so that I can actually use the feature. It's getting to the point now where only newbies use the feature because no one else can be bothered.

If this keeps up, I'm just going to stick to clan games and refuse all other challenges. 🙁
  2. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 16:49
    Originally posted by Decanter
    Ok, my games are running low so in the past week I've posted over 15 open invites... all with the same stipulation: 1350-1500 Fast Stars Only ALL ELSE REFUSED.

Out of 15 invites, a grand total of THREE takers met my criteria.

PLEASE allow built-in controls for open invites so that I can actually use the feature. It's getting to the point now where ...[text shortened]...

If this keeps up, I'm just going to stick to clan games and refuse all other challenges. 🙁
    no offense but i usually take offense to the people that delete games when you are not that rating they are asking for but you can play up to that standard.
    What you have to remember is that you were a 'newbie' once and people probably still played with you.
    I understand what you mean as i always put open invites up for full fast and frequent players but at the end of the day it is an 'open' invite so you cannot really pick and choose.
    If you want to garentee that rating you wish, go through the player tables and challenge someone your self.
    Regards
    Zoe
  3. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 17:041 edit
    Sorry Zoe, but I disagree.
    Yes, they're open invites but I don't think its too much to ask that members show some consideration and respect the wishes of people posting the invites.

When I was a newbie, I was very careful to only match up games against players with a similar ranking. I still maintain that practice because I'm not interested in taking on players dramatically better or worse than I am at any given time.

I've had my bad moments, but I try to be a polite and respectful competitor and I look for that in each of my opponents. If someone doesn't have the integrity to respect my request, then I'll delete the game without a second thought.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 20:03
    I agree with Decanter,some times ago there was also a thread about this and provisionals.
    I know we all were provisionals,but it gets frustratin to me to have to put ten invites to have 2 or 3 games from the target I wish:now out of my 40 games about 30 are clan or tournament games,so I avoid the problem.
    There are just too many players complaining on it,a feature that allows only the wished players to pick up the invite is really necessary.........RRUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 21:00
    I don't see the problem here - just use the filter in your settings page and only accept players from rating a to rating b - where is the problem? These restrictions are discounted when playing in clan and tournament matches so I fail to see the problem.
  6. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    I don't see the problem here - just use the filter in your settings page and only accept players from rating a to rating b - where is the problem? These restrictions are discounted when playing in clan and tournament matches so I fail to see the problem.
    I could be wrong but this filter would not work, I am sure this filter only works to stop people outside this range from initiating challenges with yourself. But if you setup an open invite anyone can challenge whatever your filter. As you have initiated challenge. I could be wrong, can anyone confirm this?
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 21:24
    If that is the case then I think that's one for Russ' list of fixes. If you impose a filter it should work across the board - clan / tournament games permitted.
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 21:58
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    I could be wrong but this filter would not work, I am sure this filter only works to stop people outside this range from initiating challenges with yourself. But if you setup an open invite anyone can challenge whatever your filter. As you have initiated challenge. I could be wrong, can anyone confirm this?
    Yep,this filter only works if someone challenges you;it doesn't work if you put an invite saying 1300+ and then comes someone with 1000 rating or whatever.
  9. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 22:09
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Yep,this filter only works if someone challenges you;it doesn't work if you put an invite saying 1300+ and then comes someone with 1000 rating or whatever.
    Thanks for confirming thid Ravello, I thought it was but wasn't sure
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '04 23:12
    Russ says :
    I am on another RHP maintenance drive soon, when all the relatively small jobs, like this, will be done.

You say :
    Yeah, yeah, heard that line a million times before.

Russ says :
    No, honestly! I'm just finishing some bug fixes on uChess, and then I am back on the job.
  11. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    24 Apr '04 02:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    Russ says :
    I am on another RHP maintenance drive soon, when all the relatively small jobs, like this, will be done.

You say :
    Yeah, yeah, heard that line a million times before.

Russ says :
    No, honestly! I'm just finishing some bug fixes on uChess, and then I am back on the job.
    We all say: Thanks for doing a great job Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree