1. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 16:22
    if someone posts a FEN, inviting analysis say, how does one best convert this into a board that can be played around with, such as in RHP's game analysis interface? i don't have any chess programs such as Fritz etc
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 17:14
    Originally posted by rja211077
    if someone posts a FEN, inviting analysis say, how does one best convert this into a board that can be played around with, such as in RHP's game analysis interface? i don't have any chess programs such as Fritz etc
    Get Winboard:

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

You can copy and paste the fen easy.

If you have questions, I can answer here.

There are other options others might offer, but I'm happy with Winboard.

P-
  3. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:11
    thanks - have downloaded and it looks good. have successfully pasted a FEN in first time so seems easy to use. good suggestion.

couldn't RHP have a feature whereby you could click on a board in a posting and the game analysis interface would pop up with the position ready for analysis. shouldn't be too hard to implement, i'd have thought?

i know i could suggest this via the appropriate forum but it must've been suggested before, many times, no?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:58
    Originally posted by rja211077
    thanks - have downloaded and it looks good. have successfully pasted a FEN in first time so seems easy to use. good suggestion.

couldn't RHP have a feature whereby you could click on a board in a posting and the game analysis interface would pop up with the position ready for analysis. shouldn't be too hard to implement, i'd have thought?

i know i co ...[text shortened]... suggest this via the appropriate forum but it must've been suggested before, many times, no?
    That's strange, I thought Firefox, greasemonkey, and the oroborus RHP scripts allowed us to do this. It doesn't seem to let me do it now.

Not sure if I'm imagining things, or the tool broke.

P-
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 11:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's strange, I thought Firefox, greasemonkey, and the oroborus RHP scripts allowed us to do this. It doesn't seem to let me do it now.

Not sure if I'm imagining things, or the tool broke.

P-
    The weak parts of the scripts of Ouroboro is that - when Russ changes the appearance of som page that the script is dependant upon, then the script may not function as intented.

Recently Russ changed the My Game page quite much. Every script that relies of the My Game has to be revised accordingly. I think Ouroboro hasn't yet revised the code, nor the members downloaded the new revision.

But I could be wrong... I don't use any FF script extensions...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree