1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:56
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    They do use javascript at this site, which is the reason I directed the person to where I did to ensure that it was enabled.
    As nico083 is using Firefox, it's slightly different to IE.
    I know. Ff is my first choice as well, only I use the Swedish version of it.

I didn't mean to step on your toes there. I simply didn't realize you were talking about javascript. I thought you were talking about popups. My apologies. 🙂
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 08:331 edit
    It may also be that you're using the NoScript extension for ff (a wise thing to do), in which case you may want to allow for redhotpawn.com to run scripts.

Another possibility, is that you're using a firewall like Norton, which you've set to block ads and stuff. Assuming (I haven't checked this) that the developer(s) of this site has used identifiers with words in them like: target, ads, banner and stuff, your firewall may block the scripts.

So, there are plenty of possible reasons for your problems, and you must try to give a more detailed description of:

1. Which version of ff you're using,
    2. What extensions you have installed,
    3. Whether or not you've actually changed your web preferences settings,
    4. What firewall you're using,
    5. And if you have any other programs installed that are meant to make your computer safe from Internet intrusion.

[Edit: I just realized something odd about your problem. You say you can see the pieces and make your moves. It seems to me, that since the moves are also javascript invoked, you shouldn't even be able to make moves without javascript. The problem is definitely something else. You must have something blocking particular scripts. My guess is that it has something to do with a firewall.]
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 09:001 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    I know. Ff is my first choice as well, only I use the Swedish version of it.

I didn't mean to step on your toes there. I simply didn't realize you were talking about javascript. I thought you were talking about popups. My apologies. 🙂
    No problem lol .🙂
    I agree it sounds like a possible firewall issue.
    Could try temporarily disabling the firewall and see if that makes any difference.[just to test; turn back on after]
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 01:50
    😲 HERE'S WIERD FOR YOU!! The day after I posted a (probably not helpjul) remark in this thread I got the exact same malfunction. This is maybe a virus or a vandal at work. I contacted the the bossses who have yet to respond. :'(
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 08:54
    Originally posted by nico083
    i change my browser settings and i authorized pop ups for redhotpawn.com but no changes !!! ;-(
    Please try holding down your ctrl key then hitting f5. (refresh)

If this doesn't solve the problem, please report your browser type and version number.

-Russ
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 21:12
    SLAY ME WITH JARGON! The point is, everything worked well for a couple of weeks. NOTHING was changed at my end but the chessboard and some ornamentation at the top of the screen vanished. It vanished the day after I made a post to this thread. A player called TIGERESS says she had the problem a while ago. She didn't say what caused it to go away. I am not using any anti-virus nor any firewalls so it must be coming from the RHP end.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 21:22
    Control + the refresh icon did nothing. Control + f5 caused the grid to pop up without the dark squares shading. The grid was just a flash, 1/2 second, max, then the background was clear again. I'm in Mozilla Firefox, the most recent version with automatic updates.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 21:51
    Oddly, the dropdown menu (my settings) is transparant, the other matter shows through.
    Also, I must repeat, I made about twenty moves without any problem & the problem came about without any changes at my end.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '06 10:32
    For no reason at all my chessboard returned. I hope the guy who started this thread has been so lucky.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '06 19:28
    Last night the program was working perfectly. Today the board has gone again! Please advise. gref.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree