1. Joined
    02 Mar '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:14
    If you find yourself in a "lost" game, is there a difference in how your rating is calculated if you resign versus playing to the bitter end until you are checkmated?
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '10 18:57
    Originally posted by mlctulsa
    If you find yourself in a "lost" game, is there a difference in how your rating is calculated if you resign versus playing to the bitter end until you are checkmated?
    No.
  3. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 10:01
    No - as the wise and mighty king says. However, if you think your opponent's current rating is rather higher than expected, you would lose fewer points by resigning now rather than being checkmated after his rating has dropped. It depends on how important your rating is to you - you could possibly manipulate things to lower yours, I suppose.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 13:18
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    No - as the wise and mighty king says. However, if you think your opponent's current rating is rather higher than expected, you would lose fewer points by resigning now rather than being checkmated after his rating has dropped. It depends on how important your rating is to you - you could possibly manipulate things to lower yours, I suppose.
    I think you might have to wait very long to just 'manipulate' your rating a couple of points.

(Also, if you resign a game thats under 3 moves you lose no rating points.)
  5. Joined
    02 Mar '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 14:15
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. It is what I assumed, but I was not sure.
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 11:29
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    So the points are calculated on the ratings at the end of the game rather than the ratings as they were at the beginning?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 11:49
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    So the points are calculated on the ratings at the end of the game rather than the ratings as they were at the beginning?
    Yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree