1. UK
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 10:41
    Hi there,

I am currently playing someone who has lost over 1000 rating points due to timing out hundreds of games. Hey now seem to have started playing again.

Their rating is 500ish now. I don't think it's fair to play them since they are technically stronger then me yet I'll lose loads of points if I lose my two games.

How can I handle this? It's a tournament game so I can't delete. I have already sent feedback on this but no reply or action yet
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 14:53
    Originally posted by @baronvonchickenpants
    Hi there,

I am currently playing someone who has lost over 1000 rating points due to timing out hundreds of games. Hey now seem to have started playing again.

Their rating is 500ish now. I don't think it's fair to play them since they are technically stronger then me yet I'll lose loads of points if I lose my two games.

How can I han ...[text shortened]... urnament game so I can't delete. I have already sent feedback on this but no reply or action yet
    You can give up a torunament game before two moves are made and lose no rating points.
  3. UK
    Moves
    20 Aug '18 06:20
    The game has gone past that point now they have started moving. It took me a few.l moves to realisey
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 09:06
    The game has gone past that point now they have started moving. It took me a few.l moves to realisey
    Well you can shrug off the effect of losing more Points than you should (if losing) or you can try to Play very slow and hope that yur Opponent will vanish again Timing out your games 😉
  5. UK
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 14:02
    Does this not qualify as sandbagging?
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 09:09
    Does this not qualify as sandbagging?
    Sandbagging is the intetion to lose Rating Points, so one can Play lower rated Players.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree