players that take 3 moves and leave

players that take 3 moves and leave

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
23 Jan 04

I'm tired about people who pick up an invite and after a couple of moves log out ,then not play for days.What do you think about?.............................

c

Candelária, RS

Moves
23 Jan 04

This is a kind of "correspondence chess" site, so it's normal and expected that people take some days between moves.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
23 Jan 04

Originally posted by Ravello
I'm tired about people who pick up an invite and after a couple of moves log out ,then not play for days.What do you think about?.............................
if you want to have some games for sure play against pawnstars. chellange me or s.o. who fits the profile you are looking for (nb of games, move frequency, rating, ...)
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Jan 04

We could introduce a new profile stat. - we could calculate the average moves per day for each person. This might help.

-Russ

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
23 Jan 04
1 edit

how about average number of days taken per game? (only include the ones not lost on timeout)

and the pecentage of games lost on timeout.

(some people run hudreds of games and make loads of moves each day, but a game with them will be slow. others run just a few games, but play several times per day)

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
23 Jan 04

Originally posted by Russ
We could introduce a new profile stat. - we could calculate the average moves per day for each person. This might help.

-Russ

hey Russ,
this sounds perfect 🙂 😀 🙂
A long time ago I proposed this and other things 😉
But actually we have something very similar: we can set our move frequency-information. But of course this would be much better!
th

T

Moves
23 Jan 04

-Russ
Another Excellent Idea!

😵

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Jan 04

-Russ
This is a brilliant idea. Then everyone who falls over a certain number can be branded with a big, flashing, red warning label. Everytime you try to initiate or accept a game against such a person, a seperate pop up menu would show up that says:

WARNING! You are about to begin a game against a known SLOW PLAYER. Do you wish to continue?

Then you could click "continue" or "delete game". Of course either choice would delete the game. Slow movers would, in effect, be banished from the site. Brilliant! I love it! 😀