1. Oregon Rain
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:00
    Is there anyway to find out how many times I have previously played a current opponent? Also a quick way to find out the status of those completed games?

What I would like to see is a box of some sort that I can click on and tell me I have previously played this opponent eight times and won three games, drawn 2 and lost three times or whatever the stats are.

I am not sure if there is such a feature or a way to find out without having to scroll though my nine hundred completed games? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TalonBoss
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:22
    Originally posted by TalonBoss
    Is there anyway to find out how many times I have previously played a current opponent? Also a quick way to find out the status of those completed games?

What I would like to see is a box of some sort that I can click on and tell me I have previously played this opponent eight times and won three games, drawn 2 and lost three times or whatever the stat ...[text shortened]... oll though my nine hundred completed games? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TalonBoss
    Yes there is. Click on my Home in the upper left corner of any Red Hot Pawn page. The click on my home again which takes you to your home page. Once you are on your homepage click on my Performance. This list's all the players you have ever played, And tells you your win,lose and draw record with each player.
  3. Oregon Rain
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 04:45
    Thanks. As many games as I have played one would think I would have noticed those blue tabs before, but it's like I am seeing them for the first time.
  4. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 18:52
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 20:231 edit
    Originally posted by moz1979
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
    If the same position occurrs in a game 3 times you can click the claim draw link on the right hand side of the board.

edit
    from the faqs;
    Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 22:43
    Originally posted by moz1979
    Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every right... and there is no need to 'delete' the game.

It's a very important part of chess, and if you didn't know it... you might want to use it next time you are behind in a game.

No game is won until you actually win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree