1. Standard membergameover9
    11 games waiting
    far from u I hope
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 21:32
    could somebody please tell me how to put the pics on them?
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 21:491 edit
    Originally posted by gameover9
    could somebody please tell me how to put the pics on them?
    Copy a link of a picture you found on the web and paste into your Forum Settings, which can be found on the 'My Settings' dropdown. 🙂 Same goes for your profile pic, only then you'll have to paste it into your Profile settings.

O.
  3. Standard membergameover9
    11 games waiting
    far from u I hope
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 21:52
    what if you have a pic on your hard drive?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 22:07
    Originally posted by gameover9
    what if you have a pic on your hard drive?
    It has to be uploaded onto a server that is online and accessable over the internet. Your ISP may allow you a certain amount of online storage space on their server, as part of the service you are paying them for. You should probably check with them first, and see if that is the case.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 22:08
    how shall we access your harddrive? 😉
    you should save the pic ("upload&quot😉 on a webserver, so that everybody can see it! 🙂
    You need some webspace to do so or you send me the pic and I will host it for you.
    th
  6. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    05 Sep '04 23:44
    tell me how stringent are the rules about picture size?
  7. Standard membergameover9
    11 games waiting
    far from u I hope
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 15:44
    thanks, I have somebody doing it for me 😛
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 15:50
    Originally posted by pendejo
    tell me how stringent are the rules about picture size?
    Very stringent. All pics are distorted into 100 x 150 pixels so choose your pic carefully.
  9. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    07 Sep '04 16:21
    Originally posted by Exy
    Very stringent. All pics are distorted into 100 x 150 pixels so choose your pic carefully.
    That's the profile pics. (100 wide x 150 high) The forum avatars are 50x50. In either case, there is a good reason to stick to the right sizes. You may notice that many of the pics are (as Exy points out) "distorted". That's because the pics have proportions different from those displayed. When they are forced into a specific space on the RHP web pages, their incompatible proportions make them look different and in some cases pretty bad.

So, at the very least, you should try to choose pics that are square for forum avatars and 1.5 times as high as their width for profile pics. HOWEVER, there is also a good reason to choose pics that are the right sizes, not just the right proportions. Various people are actually using pictures that are much larger than the sizes that show. When they do this, the entire, larger, picture is transmitted to your desktop, possibly over a slow connection. Then it is compressed (and possibly distorted) by your browser.

If you want any control over what shows up in your own or others' pages, then you should definitely try to use pics of the right size as well as shape for your profile and forum avatars.

Best Regards,
    Paul
  10. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    07 Sep '04 20:29
    ok thanks.

until i tried to display a picture i thought it was in order to limit the amount of server space used up by pictures, but now i see they are not stored by rhp...

problem solved

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree