Promotion bug?

Promotion bug?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeist, Holland

Moves
14 Sep 04

In game Game 674570 my opponent has promoted (according to the analysis-board - it shows a queen), but on the 'My Games' page it still says it's his move and the miniboard shows a promoted pawn, not a queen. Also the game state is 'promoting pawn'.
Must my opponent still promote? And if so, why does the analysis-board show a queen?

BTW: Is this game-setup an idea for a thematic tournament?

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
14 Sep 04

Have I been drinking? 😲😲

Or have you piderman? 🙄🙄

Zeist, Holland

Moves
14 Sep 04

Well, I certainly haven't been drinking. So it must be you 😀😉. Look closely, and you see what I have done.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
14 Sep 04
1 edit

This is very funny and strage.
I tried it in Game 630073 and as you cannot see, it did not work. 🙄
Can you say what you EXACTLY did? What's your browser's version? Can you do that one more time?
Russ should look at it...
th

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
14 Sep 04

Looks to me like the board's upside down. White is setup on ranks 7 and 8. Obviously white pawns move towards rank 8 and black pawns move towards rank 1. So it's not a promotion problem, it's the initial setup.

I suggest that this game was played from a "set position" and the players set it up this way manually.

Richard.

D

Wellington, NZ

Moves
14 Sep 04

Originally posted by fawcr01
Looks to me like the board's upside down. White is setup on ranks 7 and 8. Obviously white pawns move towards rank 8 and black pawns move towards rank 1. So it's not a promotion problem, it's the initial setup.

I suggest that this game was played from a "set position" and the players set it up this way manually.

Richard.
HAHAHAHA!!! That's funny...

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
14 Sep 04

Richard.
good point!
I thought of this as well, but in the pgn it said "chellange" and I thought that "set piece games" have this in the header. But they don't. I just checked...
well stated!
th

Zeist, Holland

Moves
14 Sep 04

It was certainly set up manually, but the problem is still there. That has nothing to do with the setup.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Sep 04

Once your opponent confirms the promotion, all will be well again.

Nice set piece game. 🙂

-Russ

Zeist, Holland

Moves
14 Sep 04

Thanks. But why does the analysis-board show a queen, when no actual promotion has occurred?

L

Amsterdam

Moves
14 Sep 04
1 edit

LOL... too many Queens to handle... 😉

O. 🙂

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
14 Sep 04

Sorry, not I see the problem. I jumped to the conclusion that your problem was that the pawns were moving "backwards" when of course you realised why this appeared to happen.

Perhaps it is a problem if you have more than two queens. Can anyone post a link to a game where one colour has three or more queens simultaneously?

Richard.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
15 Sep 04

Originally posted by piderman
Thanks. But why does the analysis-board show a queen, when no actual promotion has occurred?
Just a minor glitch. I have been aware of it, but it has never been an issue before now.

-Russ