1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Apr '03 17:14
    I am a fan of infromation - I can't get enough of it...
    But to provide information makes the site a little bit slower - and this is the devil for RHP: it makes Russ buy a new server and pay him (und us) higher fees and reduce teh nb of games for non-PS to 10 and then to 6...
    I think you (Russ & Chris) know much better which pages are frequently visited and make the server work long and hard.
    But I never use The gameId, the status and the Pvw. Are the game names very often used? Perhaps it's funny, but if it does not exist, the site looses nothing. If you drop the coulmn with the Delete and Archive nothing will be lost: the Manage Games does all this work!
    I think (correct me if I'm wrong!) the mygames is often visited. If you make it a bit smaler we will all win a lot: speed, time, money...

in the playingpage delete the Why not play someone you know?. When I want to play s.o. I know I'll create a game. tenthousand times a day showing this makes the whole site a bit slower, no? (I don't know anything about servers and theis speeds or what makes them slow, so I have a very naive approach)

But I'd like to have a column days to T/O. πŸ˜‰

another idea: please link the playerinfo directly with his/her rating/time and other infos. By offering a direct link the send him/her a message you make people talk and play more with each other (and that's what the site is for, isn't it?). offer a link to invite this player.

in the bed bar up there include the clan forum in the Forums dropdown menu.

make ONE naviagtion system. on this page (when I make a new thread in the forum) I have three links to
    ew game. I don't think that many surfers here want to reach that page direct from here...

I just saw the feature unread message waiting - wow cool!! πŸ™‚

As already mentioned some time ago: The place here is terrific, phanastic and cute! I like it very much. But I say what I think what meight be better (my English for example!) - never want to appear rude or negative versus Russ and RHP! okay? πŸ˜‰

thire
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Apr '03 19:07
    ...and make just one "mysettings"page and not seven!
    or better (question): why did you change this?
    πŸ™‚
    th
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    25 Apr '03 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    make ONE naviagtion system. on this page (when I make a new thread in the forum) I have three links to
    ew game. I don't think that many surfers here want to reach that page direct from here...
    I just wanted to say there are three links to 'new game'

BTW: the " (double ''πŸ˜‰ do not really appear here πŸ™ (sometimes...? πŸ˜• )

and one more idea:
    on the playingpage: put the box with the captured pieces on the right and not under the board

πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰
    th
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    20 May '03 20:45
    ...and another two:

why don't you offer a link on the profil's page to the player's public games? or is this due to technical reasons not possible (other window)?

just link the Legaend of the "mygames" and don't print it out every time.

...just thoughts to make the site a bit smaler and ... πŸ˜‰

th
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 May '03 23:45
    'My Games' is due another visit soon, so I'll keep your points in mind when I look at it.

-Russ
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 May '03 18:04
    Originally posted by Russ
    'My Games' is due another visit soon, so I'll keep your points in mind when I look at it.

-Russ
    I'd say these are not my points... but I know that you let the best things happen that can happen on this site...
    πŸ™‚
    th
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    25 May '03 21:24
    another very little thing:
    don't show all messages on the MY HOME page. You just say "the are 3 games waiting" (+link) and "there are 4 messages, 2 unread" (+link)
    just a little idea to make a very frequent viseted page a little bit smaler.
    th
  8. Steelers Country
    Moves
    25 May '03 21:55
    another very little thing:
    don't show all messages on the MY HOME page. You just say "the are 3 games waiting" (+link) and "there are 4 messages, 2 unread" (+link)
    just a little idea to make a very frequent viseted page a little bit smaler.
    th
    it doesnt show all the messages on the "My home" page....it shows the first tenπŸ™‚
  9. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Moves
    26 May '03 01:11
    and you could remove the RHP Live Chat discussion
  10. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 May '03 07:17
    ...and couls you make a link from the playersearch to his(!) public games.
  11. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    30 Sep '03 13:52
    on the playinggame page is a (lightblue) link to the boardstyle, but not a link to the "getPGNofgame".
    th
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '03 18:36
    )

and one more idea:
    on the playingpage: put the box with the captured pieces on the right and not under the board

πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰
    th[/b]
    Yes that would be neat if the 'captured pieces'cell could be moved up to the rhs next to the names of the players. ie black pieces next to the white players name and vice-versa.

skeeter
  13. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    03 Oct '03 09:44
    on the playinggame page is a (lightblue) link to the boardstyle, but ...
    ...and when I update the boardstyle I am not redirected back to the game, there isn't even a link back to the game.
    th
  14. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Oct '03 09:45
    and from the gamehistory is no direct link back to the game
    th
  15. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 14:08
    ...after some time again my 2nd most loves topic... πŸ˜‰
    perhaps it is faster, smaler and easier if you delete the legend and add (as it is for "active&quotπŸ˜‰ little tooltips (alt=...) to the play from piece set, .... it could even be a link to the refering topic in the help files
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree