1. SubscriberD4V
    Hard Spanker
    Verona, Italy
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 17:39
    I've got 75 conditional moves queued all over my games and this is the limit, so I cannot make more conditional moves. The problem is that I've got only 4 of these moves in current game, the others are in ended game.
    Is there any trick to cancel these old and useless moves unless browsing hundreds of ended game one by one?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 01:12
    Originally posted by D4V
    I've got 75 conditional moves queued all over my games and this is the limit, so I cannot make more conditional moves. The problem is that I've got only 4 of these moves in current game, the others are in ended game.
    Is there any trick to cancel these old and useless moves unless browsing hundreds of ended game one by one?
    Not sure why there would be a limit on the number conditional moves in the first place....
  3. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 01:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Not sure why there would be a limit on the number conditional moves in the first place....
    probably only because of the space available on the server...other wise i see no reason for the limit
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 02:46
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    probably only because of the space available on the server...other wise i see no reason for the limit
    Conditional moves should only require a FEN string and move to play. They can be stored in text format to save space. Even with the most knightmarish FEN:

r1b1k2r/n1q1b1n1/p1p1p1p1/1p1p1p1p/1P1P1P1P/P1P1P1P1/N1Q1B1N1/R1B1K2R b KQkq - 49 999

This is only 85 characters of storage. A move cannot be longer than five characters, e.g. g7g8N for a promoted piece. All that is needed is the 'from' and 'to' squares, and the letter of the piece to promote to, if applicable.

So, worse case is 90 characters of storage per conditional move.

I currently have 23 messages in my Inbox. Messages have a 2000 character limit. Presumably, these could all be 2000 characters a piece.

Again, assuming that conditional moves take 90 characters a pop, I could store over 500 conditional moves in the same space that I have my messages.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree