1. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 14:21
    "Booking a vacation will prevent timeouts during any period where you might be unavailable to move."

This is what I found when I went to book an upcoming vacation.

It also says this though...

"Note : You must move in all games at risk from timeout before your vacation period ends. You may need to book additional days to compensate."

I interpret this as I still have to make moves while on vacation. I am hoping I am wrong though.

I guess my question in the simplest form is, if I am on vacation will I get timed out during the days I am on vacation?
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 15:46
    Originally posted by Gortron
    "Booking a vacation will prevent timeouts during any period where you might be unavailable to move."

This is what I found when I went to book an upcoming vacation.

It also says this though...

"Note : You must move in all games at risk from timeout before your vacation period ends. You may need to book additional days to compensate."

I interpret t ...[text shortened]... simplest form is, if I am on vacation will I get timed out during the days I am on vacation?
    You can't be timed out whilst in the vacation period. The site admin are just advising people to book an extra day or so on top of the actual vacation in order to cover for unforseen circumstances. For instance there could be some problem with your flight back and you're delayed an extra day. It does happen.

Also when you return from your holiday the last thing that you might want to do is come on to the site and move in dozens of games in order to avoid time-outs. But that is exactly what you would have to do as many players will take a time out the moment they see that someone's vacation period has ended.
  3. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 18:44
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    You can't be timed out whilst in the vacation period. The site admin are just advising people to book an extra day or so on top of the actual vacation in order to cover for unforseen circumstances. For instance there could be some problem with your flight back and you're delayed an extra day. It does happen.

Also when you return from your holiday the ...[text shortened]... ny players will take a time out the moment they see that someone's vacation period has ended.
    OK thanks. Makes sense now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree