Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 31 Mar '05 02:33
    what does all day mean? when it ask what your move is?
  2. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    31 Mar '05 02:37 / 1 edit
    It is a setting that tells others how often you move. If someone moves all day then they'll set it likewise. This way, people can choose their opponents so that they move at about the same speed as they do. If you want to set your move frequency setting, go under the 'My Settings' menu and select 'My Profile Settings."
  3. 31 Mar '05 05:10
    i think if you make more than 3 moves a day then thats all day.. multiple to me meanz 3.. and once is abveous..
  4. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    31 Mar '05 11:55 / 1 edit
    I find them a bit misleading and ambiguous, does it refer to moves per game or moves totally? Somebody playing 100 games could move "all day" and still only make one move in each game.

I think a better system would be to show average moves made per day, this has been discussed before.

The best thing is to look in the Player Tables at the MAP and see how many moves someone has made so far this month to gauge more realistically how quickly they play.
  5. Standard member DUI
    HOBO
    31 Mar '05 16:54
    Originally posted by THEBIGBAD2762
    what does all day mean? when it ask what your move is?
    all day is all day
  6. 01 Apr '05 01:24
    I just keep mind in the middle at "once a day" because sometimes I move all day and sometimes it takes me a few days. The longest I've been away from moving is 2 days.
  7. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    02 Apr '05 11:55
    Originally posted by DUI
    all day is all day
    But does it include the night?

Or is the night just a time for worrying about your games rather than moving in them
  8. 07 Apr '05 13:02
    Can anyone tell me how to create a game which could be finished within 1 hour. I can't wait days for each move.
  9. Standard member wib
    Stay outta my biznez
    07 Apr '05 14:17
    Originally posted by vasushastry
    Can anyone tell me how to create a game which could be finished within 1 hour. I can't wait days for each move.
    http://www.uchess.com/

That's the place for one hour or less games. It's an affiliate of Red Hot Pawn.
  10. Standard member Nyxie
    The eyes of truth
    07 Apr '05 22:38
    Originally posted by Exy
    I find them a bit misleading and ambiguous, does it refer to moves per game or moves totally? Somebody playing 100 games could move "all day" and still only make one move in each game.

I think a better system would be to show average moves made per day, this has been discussed before.

This idea while good could also be misleading. How about moves per day per game.
  11. Standard member malinga
    That would be me
    12 Apr '05 13:41
    Originally posted by invigorate
    But does it include the night?

Or is the night just a time for worrying about your games rather than moving in them
    with your small annoucement post I think night is the time when you used to sleep