1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 05:371 edit
    Look at Game 6748758.
    Only three half moves have been done. (1. e4 d6 2. d4) So it cannot be a rated game.
    Yet, in the information about the game, it says 'rated = yes'.

My statistics says that I have (right at this moment) 1026 games. If I count all my rated games I can only count to 1022 rated games. I suspect that some short tournament games are counted as rated even if the games are too short. Hence the discrepance.

Any thoughts?
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 08:27
    I would think that if it starts off as a 'rated' game it will always be called that. If it had been played out to the end there would have been the usual change in the players' ratings. As it's finished after three half moves the players' ratings will not change, so it has the same effect as an unrated game, but it is still classed as a 'rated' game.

Hope that makes sense.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 08:56
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I would think that if it starts off as a 'rated' game it will always be called that. If it had been played out to the end there would have been the usual change in the players' ratings. As it's finished after three half moves the players' ratings will not change, so it has the same effect as an unrated game, but it is still classed as a 'rated' game.

Hope that makes sense.
    Yes it makes sense. Thanks.

But I wouldn't have them counted in the "number of rated games" because they didn't change my rating.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Look at Game 6748758.
    Only three half moves have been done. (1. e4 d6 2. d4) So it cannot be a rated game.
    Yet, in the information about the game, it says 'rated = yes'.

My statistics says that I have (right at this moment) 1026 games. If I count all my rated games I can only count to 1022 rated games. I suspect that some short tournament game ...[text shortened]... are counted as rated even if the games are too short. Hence the discrepance.

Any thoughts?
    I have noticed this too in clan games. Before clan games took the usual 3 moves to become a rated game. Now they are a rated game after 1 move. I noticed this a few times over the last year or so.
    I find the change better actually.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree