1. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    17 May '06 22:57
    Ok this maybe a no brainer but i have to ask.
    When one is playing any given game. Are the ratings at the begining of the game constant towards end rating or do they fuctuate throughout the game?

Example Myself and player x both start a game with the rating of 1300. During the course of our game player x goes on vacation and is timed out by 10 people. Player x rating drops to 1100. Upon his return player x eventually wins our game. Is the final point desicion made using the intial or the later players ratings?

Thanks Chris
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 May '06 00:30
    Originally posted by Christopher Hughes
    Ok this maybe a no brainer but i have to ask.
    When one is playing any given game. Are the ratings at the begining of the game constant towards end rating or do they fuctuate throughout the game?

Example Myself and player x both start a game with the rating of 1300. During the course of our game player x goes on vacation and is timed out by 10 ...[text shortened]... Is the final point desicion made using the intial or the later players ratings?

Thanks Chris
    The formula uses the rating at the time the game finishes.

So in this case (assuming your rating remained at 1300) you would lose 24 rating points.
  3. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    18 May '06 00:41
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    The formula uses the rating at the time the game finishes.

So in this case (assuming your rating remained at 1300) you would lose 24 rating points.
    Kinda makes one want to rethink how nice they want to be to a player who's on vacation and being timed out by all of his openents.

Chris
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    18 May '06 10:36
    I don't have to rethink about that 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree