06 Jun '13 13:35
    I have given up.I will just have to do without game history😠
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 15:21
    Originally posted by ronald adams
    I have given up.I will just have to do without game history😠
    Have you followed any of the advice given to you, such as that given by Kewpie in her last post in this thread? It was very good advice!

You have not provided any feedback here in your thread about what actions you have tried in order to solve the problem. You have stated what your problem is and did state that you are using Firefox. It's not much help if you don't tell us what you have done so far.

Exactly which Firefox add-ons are you using? Have you tried disabling them?
    Have you tried a different browser? What results did you get?

If you want help you have to provide a little feedback.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 15:581 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Have you followed any of the advice given to you, such as that given by Kewpie in her last post in this thread? It was very good advice!

''If you want help you have to provide a little feedback.''
    Sadly, and perhaps others have noticed also, it appears to be quite rare for the OP to respond with feedback...feedback that is pretty essential really. You can actually predict those that will respond as they normally take the trouble to thank the forum, both in advance and personally, for any such help offered.
    I'd suggest that any original poster here should be 'reminded' ( within the context of the message box itself ) of just how essential such feedback is.
    A couple of lines would suffice, something along the lines of; 'please acknowledge any replies, did the advice help etc... any feedback ensures future issues can be dealt with far quicker, and may well aid with any future issues you encounter' etc etc...
    Personally I've found myself IGNORING some requests here, basically as that particular OP has given initial impression of being a touch too demanding...almost if he \ she assumes that any responses are from paid members of the site...that's maybe another reason to have 'some' text included within the message box of the original poster...just reminding them that 99.9% of responses are from people giving of their advice \ time freely...
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 16:13
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Sadly, and perhaps others have noticed also, it appears to be quite rare for the OP to respond with feedback...feedback that is pretty essential really.
    Very true. Most of us are really trying to offer a little help and it is important that a dialogue exists in both directions in order to solve a problem.
    Sometimes it only takes a simple answer to a question but those who try and help appreciate a short reply of thanks to let us know if we provided any real help.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 19:57
    I have tried disabling all the add ons but no change.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 21:16
    I have tried disabling all the add ons but no change.
    Have you tried a different browser besides firefox? Maybe that would be helpful.

I know I was having trouble streaming netflix movies with firefox, so I installed chrome and ran netflix from that and it worked fine. I still use firefox for everything else most of the time.

If you have more than one browser installed, I think you at some point need to select which is the default or preferred browser.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 23:19
    I use Firefox, but I am aware that it allows a lot of customisation which gives me more opportunity to run into conflicts between the various customised bits and programs/apps which didn't know those bits existed. My machine also has Internet Explorer (because it comes free with Windows) and Google Chrome (because I installed it). Whenever something doesn't work properly in Firefox I try the other two. Chrome can be difficult sometimes but almost everything works in plain-vanilla Internet Explorer. When you open any browser it asks whether you want it to be the default browser, I normally say no because I know I'll be back in Firefox in a minute.

In your situation I'd be doing my testing first in Internet Explorer. If it works there, you know the problem is within the Firefox program or its add-ons.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 06:38
    Hey thanks Kewpie.Tried Internet Explorer and the adds box move.I i now can cure the problem.Thanks again😀
  9. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 12:49
    What % of revenues is from ads? tia
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 22:08
    "commercial in confidence"
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 23:34
    Hey thanks Kewpie.Tried Internet Explorer and the adds box move.I i now can cure the problem.Thanks again😀
    Why don't you subscribe?

You miserable old so and so. 😀
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 21:37
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    What % of revenues is from ads? tia
    I've also often wondered myself, I can only guess that the 'free' accounts here get inundated with ads...perhaps I'm wrong, but someone I know here admitted that his strategy of 'elongating my subscription is becoming difficult due to all the adverts'. He's running 100's of games, and as a lapsed subscriber he hoped to run down these games and then re subscribe when they were at a level he 'wished to increase'...naughty perhaps, and I'm guessing it's been done before, it just doesn't sound like it's worth all the interruption... BUT do the site owners benefit more from this ad revenue than him just continuing with his annual £20 subscription ??
    I'd have thought it difficult to attract advertisers given the myriad operating devices from likewise fragmented audiences, but I guess adverts are sold en masse and are tailored to suit by cookies.
    I didn't initially subscribe for a few months here, and I can't remember the adverts at all as it's a number of years ago...I'm just curious to know whether the chap I mention above has the same frequency of ads as the free accounts, or indeed the 'original pawnstars' such as yourself. I guess it's all guesswork lol...
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    ...I'm just curious to know whether the chap I mention above has the same frequency of ads as the free accounts, or indeed the 'original pawnstars' such as yourself. I guess it's all guesswork lol...
    I would suspect that anyone who sees the ads would all get the same thing. I don't know how many different ones there are. I can't imagine how it would make sense to try and make that different for a non-sub than what an original pawnstar sees.

For example I see an ad going all the way across at the upper part of each page and each time I move to another page it usually changes to another one, but there is always one there and they are all formatted to fit the same physical area on the page.

Does the site get money from the ads for just being there on the page, or do they only get paid if a viewer actually clicks on the ad to see further information?

Perhaps one of the non-subs who reads this could tell us what they see if it is different than what I described.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 00:171 edit
    I would suspect that anyone who sees the ads would all get the same thing. I don't know how many different ones there are. I can't imagine how it would make sense to try and make that different for a non-sub than what an original pawnstar sees.

For example I see an ad going all the way across at the upper part of each page and each time I move to anothe ...[text shortened]... non-subs who reads this could tell us what they see if it is different than what I described.
    When I was a non sub, The ads never bothered me.
    They just flashed away in the background and I was vaguely
    aware that there was something else there besides what I
    was primarily interested in.

But I think the way it works is that the advertiser pays the website
    to have its ads flashing on the page and that is it.

It makes no difference if the user clicks on the ad.

Same as when an ad appears on TV or radio. The advertising company
    pays for the slot and the more important the slot the more they pay.

For example if a show holds a prime time slot on TV or radio
    then a slot for that ad will cost the advertiser more because
    allegedly they will reach a larger target audience ( market ).
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 00:43

For example I see an ad going all the way across at the upper part of each page and each time I move to anothe ...[text shortened]... non-subs who reads this could tell us what they see if it is different than what I described.
    That's quite what I thought initially, but curiously the chap I mentioned said something about the ads appearing across the actual board every few games...'there is a constant ad at the top or side but now and then is across the board and you cannot play they take about 30sec, I'll open another tab whilst this **** happens and maybe I read the news 😀'

I wish I could remember my own experience, but I do recall ads similar to those that you witness. Perhaps the frequency of ads being played has some bearing upon revenue. I say that as there may well be 'umpteen' hundred thousand members here but only perhaps a tenth of that actually revisit the site beyond an handful of initial games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree