Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 23 Sep '13 16:23
    CAN A RESIGNED/FORFIETED GAME BE RESURRECTED TO PLAY FROM POINT OF CLOSURE? - Both players would like to continue from that point (in other words, remove resignation).
  2. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    23 Sep '13 16:27
    This is not possible. But you can set up a game with that position (using the set game option in New Games) and play it out.
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    24 Sep '13 02:53 / 1 edit
    As Ponderable says, you cannot reset or resurrect a game once it's over, but you can create a new 'set piece' game and start the game from your final position from when the game ended. That will be an unrated game.

    Another option is to start a new rated game and just play the exact same moves as before up to the point where it ended, then resume normal play.

    But either way it will be a new game.