1. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 00:48
    What if, once the good players get over a certain rating, they become an RHP Master, or something like that? That would be kinda cool....They could have some kinda title or something in their profile maybe...Waddaya think?
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 01:00
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    What if, once the good players get over a certain rating, they become an RHP Master, or something like that? That would be kinda cool....They could have some kinda title or something in their profile maybe...Waddaya think?
    This would an incentive for cheating and chess engines use.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 01:02
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Great idea, Tony. It is my personal opinion that anybody with a rating of 2198 or above be given such a title. 😉

4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 01:57
    2200 obviously, we have to keep the amateurs out. 🙄
  5. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 04:51
    This idea has been brought up several times in the past. An even better idea was to assign rating ranges to pieces. (i.e. 1600-1799 would be a bishop, over 2200 would be a king). You could note this on their forum profile, etc.

But, as Ravello pointed out, this would lead to much more cheating. There is already too much of it going on just to get a higher imaginary number. Could you guess how many more would cheat if they got some sort of imaginary title, too?
  6. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:48
    Agree with Ravello and Saint Nick.

Let's play for the game, not for the rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree