1. Swansea
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 17:45
    I saw on the RHP homepage that you can download the rivalchess program and I wondered what kind of program it is and if it is considered engine use, as I saw the word engine in its description?

Thanks if anyone can helpπŸ™‚
  2. Standard memberelohiym chanan
    under construction
    presently mired...
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 21:11
    It is a chess program.. There is no rule against having a chess program here, you're just not supposed to use one to help you play your games. Many people use chess engines to practice on, analyze past [completed!] games, etc. That being said I don't know how good this program is, if it's easy to use, etc.
  3. Swansea
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 21:30
    thanks for your input πŸ™‚ ill wait for a few more replies if they come then download it cos I could do with going over a few of my games and I know there is an analyze board but its good to see it in more than one perspective πŸ™‚
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 22:55
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    thanks for your input πŸ™‚ ill wait for a few more replies if they come then download it cos I could do with going over a few of my games and I know there is an analyze board but its good to see it in more than one perspective πŸ™‚
    I'd search for third party alternatives to RivalChess as far as analysis. Winboard is one I've heard of, but I don't have any experience with anything other than fritz9
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 01:00
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I'd search for third party alternatives to RivalChess as far as analysis. Winboard is one I've heard of, but I don't have any experience with anything other than fritz9
    Winboard is a GUI not an engine you fool.
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 02:49
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Winboard is a GUI not an engine you fool.
    so you can still move the pieces around right??

"I know there is an analyze board but its good to see it in more than one perspective"

Therefore that will give him what it looks like he's looking for.
  7. Swansea
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 10:50
    cheers for the replies to this problemπŸ™‚ ill have a look at the mentioned programs/GUI's and let you know what I think, thanks again
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '06 19:43
    Originally posted by elohiym chanan
    Many people use chess engines
    They certainly do. πŸ˜•

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree