1. DonationQuirine
    Tovenaar
    Dieren
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 10:36
    What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It just pisses me off that he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 11:05
    Originally posted by Quirine
    What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It jus ...[text shortened]... t he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine
    i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 15:521 edit
    A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 22:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ
    always and forever.🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 22:20
    Originally posted by eddie anders
    i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.
    obviously someone could put a vacation sign up and leave the site.i`m just a bit late in realising this point.
  6. scotland
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 22:21
    time them out anyway
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 22:28
    Originally posted by davy
    time them out anyway
    everybody?🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '03 22:50
    Originally posted by davy
    time them out anyway
    we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Sep '03 02:32
    Originally posted by eddie anders
    we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.
    Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '03 07:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-
    i`ll send one over next week,cheers.edd😀
  11. Subscriberetecka
    Praha, CZ
    Moves
    01 Oct '03 11:45
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    i wonder what is changed in this new vacation system?

i don't see any need to change it, i think people should accept that TOs are part of the rules.
  12. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    01 Oct '03 14:27
    If it the change I have heard bout, it means each person will be alocated X number of 'protected' days per year. When a person activated his 'protection' he cannot be TO'd, allowing you to go on holiday in safety.

It's a nice idea and could work. My only concern, as someone who travels for work a lot, is that one might run of of 'protected' days half way through the year.
    "better to have some than none" you may say? Maybe, but I feel that once the 'protection' system is in place the vacation icon may become derated and ignored. We will see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree