Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Donation Quirine
    Tovenaar
    24 Sep '03 10:36
    What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It just pisses me off that he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine
  2. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    24 Sep '03 11:05
    Originally posted by Quirine
    What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It jus ...[text shortened]... t he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine
    i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Sep '03 15:52 / 1 edit
    A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ
  4. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    24 Sep '03 22:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ
    always and forever.🙂
  5. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    24 Sep '03 22:20
    Originally posted by eddie anders
    i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.
    obviously someone could put a vacation sign up and leave the site.i`m just a bit late in realising this point.
  6. 24 Sep '03 22:21
    time them out anyway
  7. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    24 Sep '03 22:28
    Originally posted by davy
    time them out anyway
    everybody?🙂
  8. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    24 Sep '03 22:50
    Originally posted by davy
    time them out anyway
    we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    28 Sep '03 02:32
    Originally posted by eddie anders
    we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.
    Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-
  10. Standard member eddie anders
    Santa.
    28 Sep '03 07:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-
    i`ll send one over next week,cheers.edd😀
  11. Subscriber etecka
    01 Oct '03 11:45
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    i wonder what is changed in this new vacation system?

i don't see any need to change it, i think people should accept that TOs are part of the rules.
  12. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    01 Oct '03 14:27
    If it the change I have heard bout, it means each person will be alocated X number of 'protected' days per year. When a person activated his 'protection' he cannot be TO'd, allowing you to go on holiday in safety.

It's a nice idea and could work. My only concern, as someone who travels for work a lot, is that one might run of of 'protected' days half way through the year.
    "better to have some than none" you may say? Maybe, but I feel that once the 'protection' system is in place the vacation icon may become derated and ignored. We will see.