Russ

Standard memberPaulie
Help 13 Apr '04 18:08
  1. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 18:08
    With all the clans now, is there any way the challengee can view the challengers seleted members ratings before accepting or declining said challenge? At the moment all there seems to be is posting on the clan forum or sending one`s proposed opponent a message with your members.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 20:26
    This will come when I work on the leagues. In fact, there is no reason why I could not do this before then, as it should be relatively simple.

I will consider it my 'warm up' before the big task ahead.

-Russ
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 22:24
    You`re a good man to do what you do. Thanks Russ 😉
  4. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 22:59
    Originally posted by Paulie
    With all the clans now, is there any way the challengee can view the challengers seleted members ratings before accepting or declining said challenge? At the moment all there seems to be is posting on the clan forum or sending one`s proposed opponent a message with your members.
    I was going to ask that....great minds think a like.🙂
    Zoe
  5. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 23:032 edits
    Originally posted by purclecow
    I was going to ask that....great minds think a like.🙂
    Zoe
    I have to say, every time I see your "Aye Aye Chicken Pie" motto it makes me laugh! Nice one! 😀
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Apr '04 23:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    This will come when I work on the leagues. In fact, there is no reason why I could not do this before then, as it should be relatively simple.

I will consider it my 'warm up' before the big task ahead.

-Russ
    Russ,

About the leagues. Did you have a chance to read the discussion we had a month or so ago??

The only reason i ask is that all the facilities that are needed to set up a league, already exist on the site. The way the tournaments work are set up is not a far cry from what is needed for a league.

Just take the top 20 clans in one league, next 20 into a lower league and the rest playoff to enter the bottom league (with promotions ad relegations each year), problem solved, no?
  7. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 01:03
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    I have to say, every time I see your "Aye Aye Chicken Pie" motto it makes me laugh! Nice one! 😀
    i think i will change it a little
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 03:04
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Russ,

About the leagues. Did you have a chance to read the discussion we had a month or so ago??

The only reason i ask is that all the facilities that are needed to set up a league, already exist on the site. The way the tournaments work are set up is not a far cry from what is needed for a league.

Just take the top 20 clans in one league, next ...[text shortened]... ayoff to enter the bottom league (with promotions ad relegations each year), problem solved, no?
    I hope so... lots of good ideas.

P-
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 15:01
    I read everything up until I went away.

When I come to do the work, I will go back and reread all of it, of course.

Rest assured, if there has been lots of input on any topic, and the thread drifts into the archives, it is still used when the work needs to be done.

-Russ
  10. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 15:58
    Russ, do you have any idea when the clan leagues will be available or when you start with developing the leagues. I would really like to know. I know it is probably impossible to give the exact date, but maybe you could give an indication.
    Thanks,
    Sander
  11. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 16:09
    Originally posted by tejo
    Russ, do you have any idea when the clan leagues will be available or when you start with developing the leagues. I would really like to know. I know it is probably impossible to give the exact date, but maybe you could give an indication.
    Thanks,
    Sander
    i am new to this clan stuff...what is a clan league?
  12. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 16:29
    Clan leagues are just leagues such as exist in soccer. How the clan leagues will work has not been decided yet. Here is a link where you can read some suggestions:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=9171
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 16:30
    I should have started ages ago, but other things became more important or took longer than expected. I'm not going to commit to a date now, as I keep making promises and I can't keep to them all. For example, since my last post about what is next on the agenda I have decided that the sieges need to be expanded (the number available). This should not be a huge job, and it will open them up to more people...but is till one more thing to do.

The clan leagues will take a significant amount of time to develop, and even more to test, so even if I started tomorrow, it would take a while before it saw the light of day. If you haven't got them in two months time though, I would be very surprised.

-Russ
  14. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 16:43
    Only 2 months. That is very acceptable. I am very happy if the leagues are here by then. Thanks
  15. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    14 Apr '04 16:48
    Originally posted by tejo
    Clan leagues are just leagues such as exist in soccer. How the clan leagues will work has not been decided yet. Here is a link where you can read some suggestions:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=9171
    thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree