1. Standard memberobliteration
    Net Preneur
    Moves
    21 Feb '04 23:24
    I think that the best improvement to your site would be to allow players to search by various criteria, so that the can find the exact
    opponents that they want to play.
    For instance, rather than search by name, search by:
    1/. ranking range
    2/. country
    3/. move frequency
    4/. players with no restrictions
    5/. recently moved players
    6/. Opponent timeout periods

This would be a good idea as the player would not have to spending ages scrolling the public games and go into each individual players settings and would place more filters than is currently in place when just posting an open invite and hoping the right player responds.
    It would be quicker and easier hand pick the perfect opponents and more of them.
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 Feb '04 01:02
    Originally posted by obliteration
    I think that the best improvement to your site would be to allow players to search by various criteria, so that the can find the exact
    opponents that they want to play.
    For instance, rather than search by name, search by:
    1/. ranking range
    2/. country
    3/. move frequency
    4/. players with no restrictions
    5/. recently moved players
    6/. Opponent tim ...[text shortened]... ayer responds.
    It would be quicker and easier hand pick the perfect opponents and more of them.
    the player tables enable 1 3 and 5, simply click on the column heading that interests you most.

the others also sound like nice ideas - especially country!
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Feb '04 08:47
    or go in the meet opponent forum and look for anyone. you find even female players there (another criteria)!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree