1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 01:00
    If you use the send feedback option, who on the other end reads it? And who responds to it?
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 01:10
    Whenever I have sent feedback, Russ has responded. I suppose that Chrismo also does. To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't become a matter of public record, if that is your concern. It should be used for major stuff, however, not "How do I castle?". Major stuff = big bug (you or your opponent was able to make illegal moves, e.g.,) or someone is obviously cheating (two players playing against each other, the one resigning after 3 moves or Fool's Mating every time).

Nemesio
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 01:11
    I believe feedbacks only go to the site administrators, and that they are the only ones who see them and respond to them.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 01:12
    Thanks for both of your replies
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 02:11
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    If you use the send feedback option, who on the other end reads it? And who responds to it?
    In my experience, no-one.

skeeter
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 15:29
    Originally posted by skeeter
    skeeter
    Not true in my case, sorry. 😉 Do they know that you are dangerous and ugly? 😉 😀 🙄
    I can say that Russ is very polite and answers very quick, especially to new RHP-members. He replys very often to posts in the forum here as well.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:11
    Originally posted by skeeter

skeeter
    This has NOT been my experience. Russ invariably responds to the things I ask, when a reply is warranted. The people who run this site are unusually attentive to the "goings on" on their site, both in terms of responding to the endless requests of "updates," bug-fixes, cheating and miscellanea.

Nemesio
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 08:58
    We do get an enormous amount of feedback - and I'll be honest, it sometimes can be quite chore - but it is a fundamental part of running a web site.

One day, in the far of future (Russ dreams....), maybe the site can employ someone to do support, but as it is, Chris and I do it as regularly as we can.

All feedback messages are private, and we do respond to nearly all of them.

Now, I think I know why Skeeter is upset, because I know she did send a message that needed a response. It had vanished off my feedback list though, so I may have incorrectly assumed Chris has responded. So apologies to you about that.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '04 13:27
    Originally posted by Russ
    We do get an enormous amount of feedback - and I'll be honest, it sometimes can be quite chore - but it is a fundamental part of running a web site.

One day, in the far of future (Russ dreams....), maybe the site can employ someone to do support, but as it is, Chris and I do it as regularly as we can.

All feedback messages are private, and we do respon ...[text shortened]... I may have incorrectly assumed Chris has responded. So apologies to you about that.

-Russ
    Acknowledged

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree