1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 22:24
    I recently went through all my game and analyzed them using Fritz8 Deluxe. I would like to send some of the results of my analyses to other users on the site, including the Game Mods, but whenever I try to copy and send it via clipboard the analysis shows up as gibberish. I am fairly computer illiterate, so if anybody could help me out here, I'd appreciate it.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 01:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I recently went through all my game and analyzed them using Fritz8 Deluxe. I would like to send some of the results of my analyses to other users on the site, including the Game Mods, but whenever I try to copy and send it via clipboard the analysis shows up as gibberish. I am fairly computer illiterate, so if anybody could help me out here, I'd appreciate it.
    I've had that problem as well. Mine would always convert all the position judgements (-+ , unclear) and the better than sign to # codes. In the end I had to find replace all of them.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 01:21
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I've had that problem as well. Mine would always convert all the position judgements (-+ , unclear) and the better than sign to # codes. In the end I had to find replace all of them.
    That's seems to be exactly my problem. Now, please slowly explain to me how to "find replace all of them".
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 01:42
    1. Paste the output into a text program (word will do).
    2. Take each of the hash codes in your output and look in the Fritz notation to see what it should be.
    3. Use the Find/Replace tool (Ctrl+F is often the shortcut) and replace all of that hash code with what it should be.
    4. Rinse. Repeat.

eg. say #36 is meant to +- (winning advantage to white). You would replace all occurances of #36 with +-. The only issue will be spacing when you have multiple notations after one move.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 01:54
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    1. Paste the output into a text program (word will do).
    2. Take each of the hash codes in your output and look in the Fritz notation to see what it should be.
    3. Use the Find/Replace tool (Ctrl+F is often the shortcut) and replace all of that hash code with what it should be.
    4. Rinse. Repeat.

eg. say #36 is meant to +- (winning advantage to white) ...[text shortened]... of #36 with +-. The only issue will be spacing when you have multiple notations after one move.
    It sounds like actual work, but thanks a bunch!
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    30 Jun '05 01:39
    Would something like this work?

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/djb/pgn-extract/
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jun '05 16:29
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Would something like this work?

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/djb/pgn-extract/
    Probably, but I'm having all kinds of problems unlocking zipped files (computer illiterate, remember?). Anyway, I did send a game analysis over to Word and it came out perfect. Unfortunately, the game analyses are too big to PM and I'd have to get a e-mail address to send them to. Problems, problems.
  8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    30 Jun '05 23:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Probably, but I'm having all kinds of problems unlocking zipped files (computer illiterate, remember?). Anyway, I did send a game analysis over to Word and it came out perfect. Unfortunately, the game analyses are too big to PM and I'd have to get a e-mail address to send them to. Problems, problems.
    Well I tried. Last night I went through numerous pages looking for fritz help online, but it was almost all advertisements to buy fritz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree