Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    21 Mar '05 18:25
    Again: I hate those stupid open invites like slippytoad's ones:two set pieces with position imposible to reach in a regular chess games and with absurd rating limits:one 2400-2500 and the other <500.

    A waste of space for legit open invites.
  2. Standard member wib
    Stay outta my biznez
    21 Mar '05 18:44
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Again: I hate those stupid open invites like slippytoad's ones:two set pieces with position imposible to reach in a regular chess games and with absurd rating limits:one 2400-2500 and the other <500.

    A waste of space for legit open invites.
    How many people on this site are even OVER 2400??? That's just one guy right? That does seem like a very silly challenge. He just send the challenge directly to IronMan and see if he accepts.
  3. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    21 Mar '05 18:47
    Positions are also very silly since they are impossible to reach in a real game.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Mar '05 19:17
    Now cleaned up.

    -Russ
  5. 23 Mar '05 10:22
    it's fun to play interesting positions, whether they are possible in a normal chess game or not.
  6. 23 Mar '05 10:24
    Russ, you seem to have broken my game limit counter. It is allowing two less than the normal six. I apologize for placing narrow invites. I will attempt to be more broad from now on.
  7. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    23 Mar '05 21:22
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    it's fun to play interesting positions, whether they are possible in a normal chess game or not.
    Yeah,sure,so what was the point in putting the rating limit <500 in one game and 2400-2500 in the other?

    Just say that you thought it was ''fun'' to have your invites listed there for some weeks because no one couldn't accept them and let's end here the question...
  8. 24 Mar '05 01:04
    Gawd. Aren't there some miserable people on this site. Chess is SUPPOSED to be fun. It's a GAME. Some people seem to loose sight of this and take it waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously.
  9. 24 Mar '05 01:05
    I hate this, This pisses me off, blah etc. Lighten up. Things could be a hell of a lot worse. There's people out there wondering how many days or even weeks it will be until they can find fresh water or food and your het up about some lad having a bit of a jape. Behave.
  10. 24 Mar '05 01:18
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Yeah,sure,so what was the point in putting the rating limit <500 in one game and 2400-2500 in the other?

    Just say that you thought it was ''fun'' to have your invites listed there for some weeks because no one couldn't accept them and let's end here the question...
    If you had such a huge problem with it, I wish you would have just contacted me. I didn't know I was getting under anyone's skin until I happened to run across this post on the forum.
  11. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    24 Mar '05 01:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I hate this, This pisses me off, blah etc. Lighten up. Things could be a hell of a lot worse. There's people out there wondering how many days or even weeks it will be until they can find fresh water or food and your het up about some lad having a bit of a jape. Behave.
    So what?the admin agreed that they were silly and deleted em.
    End of the matter.
  12. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    24 Mar '05 10:11
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I hate this, This pisses me off, blah etc. Lighten up. Things could be a hell of a lot worse. There's people out there wondering how many days or even weeks it will be until they can find fresh water or food and your het up about some lad having a bit of a jape. Behave.
    Why are you getting pissed off about something while knowing things could be much worse, as you exampled? This reaction is a bit hypocrit, even your problem is relative. Both of you and Ravello have a point though.

    I can understand Ravello questions the usefullness of some open invites, probably in a way calling it silly and / or stupid. Sillyness or even plain stupidity can irritate people too, and it's usefullness cluthers up this website (even just a tiny bit).
  13. 24 Mar '05 13:55
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Why are you getting pissed off about something while knowing things could be much worse, as you exampled? This reaction is a bit hypocrit, even your problem is relative. Both of you and Ravello have a point though.

    I can understand Ravello questions the usefullness of some open invites, probably in a way calling it silly and / or stupid. Sillyness or even pl ...[text shortened]... can irritate people too, and it's usefullness cluthers up this website (even just a tiny bit).
    Sorry. I didn't state my point clearly. The first part that appears to be me ranting was supposed to be an example of peoples whinging and whining.( I hate this this pisses me off etc.)