Set Piece Games - not working?

Set Piece Games - not working?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
28 Jan 04

I'm trying to set up a set piece challenge and have click on the the correct box and made it unrated but how do I get to the board where I set up the pieces. I'm sure the last time I did this I clicked on 'start game' but when I do this I get the message 'you have not created a legal position for your game'/

Help!

Andrew

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Jan 04

Originally posted by Rhymester
I'm trying to set up a set piece challenge and have click on the the correct box and made it unrated but how do I get to the board where I set up the pieces. I'm sure the last time I did this I clicked on 'start game' but when I do this I get the message 'you have not created a legal position for your game'/

Help!

Andrew
I think it has to do with the castling options. I think you need to uncheck those.

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
28 Jan 04

Originally posted by rwingett
I think it has to do with the castling options. I think you need to uncheck those.
No it wasn't letting get to the board set up screen. Just tried it again and this time as soon as i put the tick in the set piece box it brings up the set up screen 🙂

t

Moves
29 Jan 04

I am not having any problems setting up a set piece match. I am not sure what you are doing to cause the error.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Jan 04

No it wasn't letting get to the board set up screen. Just tried it again and this time as soon as i put the tick in the set piece box it brings up the set up screen 🙂
I don't know. I just set up a set piece game where I had all my pieces and you had just your king. I decided not to send it you, though. I can't tell you where you're going wrong.

c

Candelária, RS

Moves
30 Jan 04

Could you produce an ASCII diagramm and post it here? Or the FEN? Or a text description, like:

White: Ka1 Rh1 Pa2,b2,c2
Black: Ka8 Rb8

Something that allows us to check the position?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
30 Jan 04

Could it be as simple as you setting up as black on a white (bottom)grid ?

skeeter

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
30 Jan 04

I'm trying to set up a set piece challenge and have click on the the correct box and made it unrated but ...
Russ, could you make it possible to play rated play-from-piece-games?
There could be a poppupwarning at the beginnen: you play a rated game. are you willing to accept? or do you want it unrated?
just an idea...
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
31 Jan 04

perhaps it would be helpfull (for not so experienced RHP-players) to see all relevant data (rated or not, timeout, tb, ...) when I make my first move.
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Feb 04

Originally posted by thire
Russ, could you make it possible to play rated play-from-piece-games?
There could be a poppupwarning at the beginnen: you play a rated game. are you willing to accept? or do you want it unrated?
just an idea...
th
This feature is currently just not used enough to justify the work at the moment.

I suspect very few would actually use this.

-Russ