1. Standard memberstammer
    just another webgeek
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 17:54
    During the 2009 championship I had an excellent game against a player in which one blunder fundamentally altered what was turning out to be an excellent challenge for both of us.

We have mutually agreed to recreate the game at that point and try to finish it out, unrated.

Prior to said blunder, however, black had castled. When attempting to set up my own board, the interface denies the capability of moving the king or the rook. Whether I try the castle move (it only moves the king over two pieces, leaving the rook where it is) or just trying to move the king around move-by-move to recreate the effects of a castle, I receive the following error message:

Illegal piece positioning for black king side castle
    Illegal piece positioning for black queen side castle

"Start from this board" link is instantly removed. Same if I just try to move the rook.

Starting from an opening does not allow for custom opening either. How do I go about recreating the point of our match so we may attempt to continue?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 18:26
    Originally posted by stammer
    During the 2009 championship I had an excellent game against a player in which one blunder fundamentally altered what was turning out to be an excellent challenge for both of us.

We have mutually agreed to recreate the game at that point and try to finish it out, unrated.

Prior to said blunder, however, black had castled. When attempting to set up my ...[text shortened]... ng either. How do I go about recreating the point of our match so we may attempt to continue?
    On the right of the set-piece board are four check boxes that state which castling right are available in the game.

If a king has moved then you can't include the castling rights and get a valid position. If a rook has moved then castling using that rook is not legal either.

Un-tick as appropriate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree