1. Joined
    26 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 08:20
    Hi everybody!
    I would like to know whether it is possible to organize simultaneous games on the site.
    I tried and look but I was not able to find a way to create them here.

Thanks for the help!
    Cheers
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 11:28
    Originally posted by vik19
    Hi everybody!
    I would like to know whether it is possible to organize simultaneous games on the site.
    I tried and look but I was not able to find a way to create them here.

Thanks for the help!
    Cheers
    You currently have 22 games in progress. You can add as many more as you wish. Isn't that like simultaneous for a correspondence chess site?
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 06:391 edit
    More or less yes, I see your point, you're right, but I was thinking to something a little more structured like, for example, the function that exist on [another chess site]. Have you ever seen it?
    In this way it should be possible to organize in a simple way own games, for example by limiting the partecipation to club/clan members, or to a certain rating range or proposing a specific opening or a 960 games set.
    Do you think it might be possible to build such a function?
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers
    Vittorio
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 12:161 edit
    Originally posted by vik19
    More or less yes, I see your point, you're right, but I was thinking to something a little more structured like, for example, the function that exist on [another chess site]. Have you ever seen it?
    In this way it should be possible to organize in a simple way own games, for example by limiting the partecipation to club/clan members, or to a certain rating ran ...[text shortened]... hink it might be possible to build such a function?
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers
    Vittorio
    Have you taken a look at the New Game link at the top, or Open Invites. Some of the options you have mentioned can be used there, and you can create a game that starts with specific openings. I think those are unrated games though. You can send challenges to only those you wish to play against, and also you can set specific rating limits.

You may have better luck if you present your ideas in the "site ideas" forum. I think some of the things you mentioned may already have been discussed there, and if not you can present them. I think the 960 game may have been there.
  5. Joined
    26 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 22:55
    Thank you, I have not been there, I'll go and have a look. Thank you again for your help
    Cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree