1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:05
    I was wondering if there are any particular months when this site experiences definite highs/lows regarding the number of moves made by players. Does December see an increased amount of chess moves because people have more time during vacation? Or maybe with so much to do, and travelling, maybe December sees the least? Are one of the summer months the highest in traffic because school's out and students have more time to play, or do people enjoy more outdoor activities and vacations so there are fewer moves in the summer?

Is there any stats or anecdotal evidence for which months are highest and lowest, or maybe no change at all!
  2. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:53
    No real data, but I would expect December to be very slow, especially because everyone's vacation days expire at the same time (and disappear forever if you don't use them). Even now I'm starting to notice a lot more of my opponents on vacation than have been in the past.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Nov '07 22:32
    Originally posted by incandenza
    No real data, but I would expect December to be very slow, especially because everyone's vacation days expire at the same time (and disappear forever if you don't use them). Even now I'm starting to notice a lot more of my opponents on vacation than have been in the past.
    I wonder if January is a big month for moves, then, with Vacation Flags dropped and chess players eager to get back to some games, or whether there is just that initial burst of activity and then back to normal.

I thought one possibility would be February as a high move-density month, cold outside for Northern Hemisphere, not much else to do.

IRNG 1

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree