1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 18:161 edit
    From time to time players have complained about their opponent sending rude, offensive or abusive messages during the coarse of a game.

A solution would be to add the option to disable the message feature in any particular game. If 'disable' has been selected for that game, an attempt to send a message with a move would show this message in the text box: "Your opponent has message option disabled." Make it so that the option can be turned on or off at any time.

Any thoughts on this....?

Regards, Marc

2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 18:28
    Good idea.
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 23:24
    A good idea, but won`t the abuser then just send a message via the profile route instead.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jun '04 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by Paulie
    A good idea, but won`t the abuser then just send a message via the profile route instead.
    Yes, I guess they could still harass you in that way, but it would require a little extra effort on their part.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Jun '04 02:39
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Yes, I guess they could still harass you in that way, but it would require a little extra effort on their part.
    Before I finished reading all this... I figured you would also need to block PM's from the user.

That might not be a bad idea either... that way they could only message at forums where people would say, "Hey Yo, I blocked your messages also cuz you shoot your mouth too much"!

So block PM's and block game messages would be good I think.

P-
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jun '04 02:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Before I finished reading all this... I figured you would also need to block PM's from the user.

That might not be a bad idea either... that way they could only message at forums where people would say, "Hey Yo, I blocked your messages also cuz you shoot your mouth too much"!

So block PM's and block game messages would be good I think.

P-
    I wouldn't want to block all PM's, but if you could just block messages from specific members that are trying to harass you, that would work.

regards, Marc
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Jun '04 03:01
    No, I said block from them....

Enter a user name, and hit OK to block said user...

That would be nice.... No way I want to block everyone.

8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Jun '04 04:00
    I recon we should just ban all conversation all together, that will sort em!😛😉😕😀
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    18 Jun '04 18:41
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    From time to time players have complained about their opponent sending rude, offensive or abusive messages during the coarse of a game.

A solution would be to add the option to disable the message feature in any particular game. If 'disable' has been selected for that game, an attempt to send a message with a move would show this message in the text bo ...[text shortened]... he option can be turned on or off at any time.

Any thoughts on this....?

Regards, Marc

Very good idea!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree