Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    11 Jun '04 18:16 / 1 edit
    From time to time players have complained about their opponent sending rude, offensive or abusive messages during the coarse of a game.

    A solution would be to add the option to disable the message feature in any particular game. If 'disable' has been selected for that game, an attempt to send a message with a move would show this message in the text box: "Your opponent has message option disabled." Make it so that the option can be turned on or off at any time.

    Any thoughts on this....?

    Regards, Marc

  2. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    11 Jun '04 18:28
    Good idea.
  3. 11 Jun '04 23:24
    A good idea, but won`t the abuser then just send a message via the profile route instead.
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    11 Jun '04 23:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Paulie
    A good idea, but won`t the abuser then just send a message via the profile route instead.
    Yes, I guess they could still harass you in that way, but it would require a little extra effort on their part.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    12 Jun '04 02:39
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Yes, I guess they could still harass you in that way, but it would require a little extra effort on their part.
    Before I finished reading all this... I figured you would also need to block PM's from the user.

    That might not be a bad idea either... that way they could only message at forums where people would say, "Hey Yo, I blocked your messages also cuz you shoot your mouth too much"!

    So block PM's and block game messages would be good I think.

    P-
  6. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    12 Jun '04 02:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Before I finished reading all this... I figured you would also need to block PM's from the user.

    That might not be a bad idea either... that way they could only message at forums where people would say, "Hey Yo, I blocked your messages also cuz you shoot your mouth too much"!

    So block PM's and block game messages would be good I think.

    P-
    I wouldn't want to block all PM's, but if you could just block messages from specific members that are trying to harass you, that would work.

    regards, Marc
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    12 Jun '04 03:01
    No, I said block from them....

    Enter a user name, and hit OK to block said user...

    That would be nice.... No way I want to block everyone.

  8. Standard member Marinkatombonline
    wotagr8game
    12 Jun '04 04:00
    I recon we should just ban all conversation all together, that will sort em!
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    18 Jun '04 18:41
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    From time to time players have complained about their opponent sending rude, offensive or abusive messages during the coarse of a game.

    A solution would be to add the option to disable the message feature in any particular game. If 'disable' has been selected for that game, an attempt to send a message with a move would show this message in the text bo ...[text shortened]... he option can be turned on or off at any time.

    Any thoughts on this....?

    Regards, Marc

    Very good idea!
    th