1. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    06 Oct '03 00:07
    How's this for a possible solution to people being timed out on vacation?

Have a 'delete' or 'expired' option appear if the time eloted for the game expires. So IF the game gets deleted, no points are lost or gained.

One possible drawback is having a good/fun game deleted. If that's the case, then perhaps a restoration process can be developed to cater to those individuals.

With this kind of system, vacation settings can't be taken advantage of, and all the points are ultimatly aquired by a genuine win, loss or draw. Any other acquisition of points just serves to invalidate the rating system, and isn't really true to the spirit of the game.

My 2 cents anyway, what do ya think?
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '03 01:111 edit
    The problem with that idea is that it would get abused by people more interested in their ratings than the game - in a losing position, they could just stop playing, and thus avoid having their rating lowered by a loss. If there is no time-out that affects ratings, there is no impetus for these people to play on or resign.

-Jarno
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    06 Oct '03 02:04
    yeah that's totally true. Perhaps there's a way to hash it out a little further, because if people did that, it would be pretty obvious. At least I think so.

The current system seems to be abused by people only concerned about their rating as well. It would be nice to find a way to eliminate that.

I guess no matter what system you come up with, there will always be people who well exploit it. What a shame....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree