1. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 20:49
    The games on the My Games page appear to display in random order, or at least if there is an order, I have not learned how to predict it. I would like to suggest that some order be imposed (or imposable) on that list. I can see it as either a user preference or simply a site-wide order.

I can imagine that sometimes players might have different preferences so it might be possible to sort by game-id (essentially creation time), or by most recently moved (so the inactive games will sink to the bottom of the page). I can imagine that sometimes one might like to have the games sorted by event so that all the games from a given tourney would appear grouped together.

If the sort order is established on a site-wide basis, I think most recently moved would likely be the most useful criterion overall.

One more thing that I would like to see in my display, especially for the tournament games, is a color indicator. I am finding that since I have two games against each opponent, I sometimes want to go first to the game where I have {black, white} because I expect to have a nearly automatic move in one of them and would prefer to move and get that one out of the way before I spend some time contemplating my next move in the other one.

Thanks.
    Paul
  2. Joined
    08 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 00:15
    Originally posted by prn
    The games on the My Games page appear to display in random order, or at least if there is an order, I have not learned how to predict it. I would like to suggest that some order be imposed (or imposable) on that list. I can see it as either a user preference or simply a site-wide order.

I can imagine that sometimes players might have different preferences so ...[text shortened]... the way before I spend some time contemplating my next move in the other one.

Thanks.
    Paul
    Try clicking on some of the column headers to sort by that column. Click again on the same column header to reverse the sort order.

Note to chiefs: Would it be possible to allow all headers be sortable?

-Ray.
  3. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 01:30
    Oh. Thank you. I now see a little triangle by the sort heading. I hope it is sticky and keeps working that way.

Thanks,
    Paul
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 09:44
    It is sticky. We cookie your last sort.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 09:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    It is sticky. We cookie your last sort.

-Russ
    Pity the 'sorts' cannot be more logical.😉 My old chessnut raised and bumped again?😠

At the risk of 'excommunication' it would appear that 'code monkeys' are in danger of becoming 'code donkeys'?? Hmmmm?

skeeter ( already seeking refuge )
  6. London
    Moves
    23 Mar '04 22:49
    Originally posted by prn
    One more thing that I would like to see in my display, especially for the tournament games, is a color indicator. I am finding that since I have two games against each opponent, I sometimes want to go first to the game where I have {black, white} because I expect to have a nearly automatic move in one of them and would prefer to move and get that one out of the way before I spend some time contemplating my next move in the other one.
    This would be high on my wishlist too, although not as high as skeeter's bump target (sort by remaining timeout) 😀 or the fix to "player's public games" to show the result again (0-1 or 1-0) as well as the mini-board :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree