Donationbbarr
Help 05 Jul '03 01:01
  1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 01:01
    Russ,

The strangest thing just happened. I made a move in a game against wWarrior, and instead of the next game awaiting my move appearing, I received a white screen with a fatal error message across the top. When I refreshed the page, I found only one game awaiting my move instead of the two I had expected. When I navigated to the My Games page, I found that one of my games with sintubin, game #223897, had been declared a stalemate. Of course, this game is not stalemated, on the contrary, we are still in the early opening. Could you please bring this game back from the dead?

Thanks,

Bennett
  2. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 09:34
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Russ,

The strangest thing just happened. I made a move in a game against wWarrior, and instead of the next game awaiting my move appearing, I received a white screen with a fatal error message across the top. When I refreshed the page, I found only one game awaiting my move instead of the two I had expected. When I navigated to the My Games page, I found ...[text shortened]... the early opening. Could you please bring this game back from the dead?

Thanks,

Bennett
    I confirm this. The game is indicated as stalemate and is over. I had just made the 7th move in the opening, and Bennet has 50 or more possible moves. Not a typical stalemate, I would say. Gil.
  3. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 15:541 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 15:55
    Guys, this IS very odd.

The game isn’t even flagged as being finished in the database. I have no time this evening to work out the problem, so hopefully it can wait until tomorrow.

I will make it my priority to resolve this.

-Russ
  5. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 16:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    Guys, this IS very odd.

The game isn’t even flagged as being finished in the database. I have no time this evening to work out the problem, so hopefully it can wait until tomorrow.

-Russ
    Thanks, Russ.
    Just forgot to mention that it not only shows as a stalemate position, but also the rating has been updated, at least at my side (I expect also at Bennet's side). This looks like an indication that something in the Database has effectively been updated, despite what you are saying. Of course we expect that to be indone as well.

No problem to wait for tomorrow, it is a 'long haul' game after all 🙂
    Gil.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jul '03 16:57
    Originally posted by sintubin
    Thanks, Russ.
    Just forgot to mention that it not only shows as a stalemate position, but also the rating has been updated, at least at my side (I expect also at Bennet's side). This looks like an indication that something in the Database has effectively been updated, despite what you are saying. Of course we expect that to be indone as well.

No problem to wait for tomorrow, it is a 'long haul' game after all 🙂
    Gil.
    My rating was also effected as if the game had actually drawn. No problem waiting for tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bennett
  7. Joined
    27 Nov '01
    Moves
    06 Jul '03 13:37
    Russ,
    Game 229581 between Sir Paul and me was mysteriously stalemated. It did not update in the draw column but our ratings were adjusted. Could this game be restored? Please advise.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jul '03 14:43
    Guys, this IS very odd.

-Russ
    Have there been any developments in the search for the cause of this bug? Do you have a rough idea when the bishopford game and mine with sintubin will be restored?

Thanks,

Bennett
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jul '03 15:44
    Apologies, I'm looking at it the moment after I hit the post button below...

-Russ
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Jul '03 22:23
    Apologies, I'm looking at it the moment after I hit the post button below...

-Russ
    Thanks for fixing the game Russ, do you think I could have my rating points back too? I was at 2052 prior to the draw, and lost 6 points because of the bug.

Bennett
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jul '03 08:56
    No problem Bbarr. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Rating is now fixed.

-Russ
  12. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 19:08
    No problem Bbarr. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Rating is now fixed.

-Russ
    Russ, if I'm not mistaken, my rating is still not adjusted. What you added back to Bbarr's should be sustracted from mine.

Gil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree