Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 25 May '03 13:49
    What about an online/offline status? So we would know if an opponent is online or offline and we could expect their move in a short enough time.
  2. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    25 May '03 15:09
    Originally posted by Goddess99
    What about an online/offline status? So we would know if an opponent is online or offline and we could expect their move in a short enough time.
    Hmm,let's say you're playing with a T/O of 7 days,you moved 2 days ago and now you see your opponent is online.He/she will still have 5 days to move!Being online doesn't mean he/she will make a move.Of course,if not online,they won't move🙂I'm not sure it would make a big difference.But I will support your idea anyway😏
    Russ,give us an online/offline status,please,thanks.😵
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    25 May '03 15:15
    Another thing to consider....
    Some people never 'log out'. They stay logged on at all times, even when they're away from their computer.

regards, Marc
  4. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    25 May '03 15:27
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Another thing to consider....
    Some people never 'log out'. They stay logged on at all times, even when they're away from their computer.

regards, Marc
    Yep,another good point🙄
  5. 25 May '03 16:10
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Hmm,let's say you're playing with a T/O of 7 days,you moved 2 days ago and now you see your opponent is online.He/she will still have 5 days to move!Being online doesn't mean he/she will make a move.Of course,if not online,they won't move🙂I'm not sure it would make a big difference.But I will support your idea anyway😏
    Russ,give us an online/offline status,please,thanks.😵
    I think a good way to have something like this is for Russ to make somthing to see if your oppnent is online by seeing if they made a move in thee last 15 minutes (more or less)