Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    25 Mar '05 06:52
    I recently installed Firefox, and have noticed a useful behaviour.

In IE6 if I change the Action part of My games, it is remembered. In Firefox, if I change the action, it always reverts to My Move next time I go to My Games.

Is this just me?
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    25 Mar '05 12:33
    I use Firefox 1.0.2 (update yesterday) and filtering on myGames works very fine. I think it is made with cookies, so check that you allow them and did not delete them.
    th
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Mar '05 13:07
    Yes, it is cookie based. So setting a preference in one browser will not stick when you use another browser. (Although you can set a new preference, of course)

-Russ
  4. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    26 Mar '05 14:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes, it is cookie based. So setting a preference in one browser will not stick when you use another browser. (Although you can set a new preference, of course)

-Russ
    Thanks Russ. (Since I develop web sites as well, I know the frustration in trying to test across all platforms, therefore the comments here are to assist, not condemn! 🙂 )

I know about the cookies, but FF (1.0.2) is set to allow cookies, and I have this one : cookie_myg_sortordr (Which appears to be "my games sort order"😉. So far so good! However, it does not "remember" the last action - which is good, since I like seeing "my moves" and the other settings I use to "clean up" etc.

What I am thinking, is the cookie is not "updated" in FF?

While I am talking about FF, when I view the board, the 'H' file is "narrower" than the others - is this a known issue?
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Mar '05 18:10 / 1 edit
    I have no idea why it is not working on your Firefox. I will try to reproduce here.

As for the board, the entire board code is to be thrown away shortly, so the 'H' can stay wonkey for a little longer. 😉

Shortly after that, the my games page will be reengineered from scratch too (with many new options)

-Russ
  6. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    26 Mar '05 19:08
    Shortly after that, the my games page will be reengineered from scratch too (with many new options)

-Russ
    Will this include a 'Win All Current Games' button?

How about a 'blunders on/off' radio button?

Or... a 'Resign all games in a tantrum' button?

😉🙄
  7. Standard member wib
    Stay outta my biznez
    28 Mar '05 01:31
    Originally posted by rhb
    Will this include a 'Win All Current Games' button?

How about a 'blunders on/off' radio button?

Or... a 'Resign all games in a tantrum' button?

😉🙄
    LOL Nice ones.
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Mar '05 12:34

As for the board, the entire board code is to be thrown away shortly, so the 'H' can stay wonkey for a little longer. 😉

Will all the old board code and it's funtionality be accessable too somewhere, maybe on www.redhotpawn.com/obsolete/index.php or something? I always like old versions and old functionality to look at after some time to see how it was 'back then'.
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    30 Mar '05 11:37
    @rhb:
    lol, very good idea this button! I want it Russ. NOW!

@Aiko:
    Russ logs RHP's history somewhere, I forgot the link...

th