Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    25 Mar '05 06:52
    I recently installed Firefox, and have noticed a useful behaviour.

    In IE6 if I change the Action part of My games, it is remembered. In Firefox, if I change the action, it always reverts to My Move next time I go to My Games.

    Is this just me?
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    25 Mar '05 12:33
    I use Firefox 1.0.2 (update yesterday) and filtering on myGames works very fine. I think it is made with cookies, so check that you allow them and did not delete them.
    th
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Mar '05 13:07
    Yes, it is cookie based. So setting a preference in one browser will not stick when you use another browser. (Although you can set a new preference, of course)

    -Russ
  4. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    26 Mar '05 14:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes, it is cookie based. So setting a preference in one browser will not stick when you use another browser. (Although you can set a new preference, of course)

    -Russ
    Thanks Russ. (Since I develop web sites as well, I know the frustration in trying to test across all platforms, therefore the comments here are to assist, not condemn! 🙂 )

    I know about the cookies, but FF (1.0.2) is set to allow cookies, and I have this one : cookie_myg_sortordr (Which appears to be "my games sort order"😉. So far so good! However, it does not "remember" the last action - which is good, since I like seeing "my moves" and the other settings I use to "clean up" etc.

    What I am thinking, is the cookie is not "updated" in FF?

    While I am talking about FF, when I view the board, the 'H' file is "narrower" than the others - is this a known issue?
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Mar '05 18:10 / 1 edit
    I have no idea why it is not working on your Firefox. I will try to reproduce here.

    As for the board, the entire board code is to be thrown away shortly, so the 'H' can stay wonkey for a little longer. 😉

    Shortly after that, the my games page will be reengineered from scratch too (with many new options)

    -Russ
  6. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    26 Mar '05 19:08
    Originally posted by Russ
    Shortly after that, the my games page will be reengineered from scratch too (with many new options)

    -Russ
    Will this include a 'Win All Current Games' button?

    How about a 'blunders on/off' radio button?

    Or... a 'Resign all games in a tantrum' button?

    😉🙄
  7. Standard member wib
    Stay outta my biznez
    28 Mar '05 01:31
    Originally posted by rhb
    Will this include a 'Win All Current Games' button?

    How about a 'blunders on/off' radio button?

    Or... a 'Resign all games in a tantrum' button?

    😉🙄
    LOL Nice ones.
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    28 Mar '05 12:34
    Originally posted by Russ

    As for the board, the entire board code is to be thrown away shortly, so the 'H' can stay wonkey for a little longer. 😉

    Shortly after that, the my games page will be reengineered from scratch too (with many new options)
    Will all the old board code and it's funtionality be accessable too somewhere, maybe on www.redhotpawn.com/obsolete/index.php or something? I always like old versions and old functionality to look at after some time to see how it was 'back then'.
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    30 Mar '05 11:37
    @rhb:
    lol, very good idea this button! I want it Russ. NOW!

    @Aiko:
    Russ logs RHP's history somewhere, I forgot the link...

    th