1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 16:02
    Not exactly an chess question, but certainly playing chess related. I don't have Diners or American, so I have to subscribe via bank transcaction (two years minimum 59.99 $). I can undersand that. But why I have to send envelope? What do I send in it and why?

Thanks
  2. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 16:41
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Not exactly an chess question, but certainly playing chess related. I don't have Diners or American, so I have to subscribe via bank transcaction (two years minimum 59.99 $). I can undersand that. But why I have to send envelope? What do I send in it and why?

Thanks
    Take it to the "Help" forum, spanky.
  3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 20:531 edit

Thanks
    Perhaps I'm missing something but when I subscribed my choices were credit/debit card or cheque/money order (which I think is a banker's draft). In those cases you have to physically send them the paper with your username on the envelope. I can't see an option for a bank transaction. I'm assuming this would be electronic and you'd need to know rhp's account number.
  4. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 21:31
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    Perhaps I'm missing something but when I subscribed my choices were credit/debit card or cheque/money order (which I think is a banker's draft). In those cases you have to physically send them the paper with your username on the envelope. I can't see an option for a bank transaction. I'm assuming this would be electronic and you'd need to know rhp's account number.
    So, then I pay at the bank and I send verification of payment together with my username in envelope?!
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 21:441 edit
    So, then I pay at the bank and I send verification of payment together with my username in envelope?!
    I can't see an option for doing that Ivan, though someone may come along and correct me. If you don't have a card or cheque book your only option is a money order, which I think is the American term for a banker's draft - like a cheque written by your bank. You go to your bank and say I want so much money payable to rhp. They issue you with the draft. You send that to rhp in an envelope with your username on it so they know who you are. Rhp cash the cheque at their end and then you're then eligible to come and join Clan 24885 I used a card when I subscribed however, so all this advice depends on me having correctly understood the term 'money order'.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 23:46

Thanks
    Um, you're sending a cheque or money order... don't send your card in an envelope.

P-
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 13:47
    It's not just Diners or Amex, you can use Mastercard or Visa if you have either of them. If you don't have any credit card, you need to send either a personal cheque or an international money order (a cheque issued by the post office in my country, or Western Union in the US) or a bank draft (a cheque issued by a bank in your country, which can be written for an amount in $US). Whichever one of these you use, it is a piece of paper which you send in the envelope. Make sure you put ivan2908 on the back of the cheque or envelope, so that they know which player has paid the subscription.

RHP doesn't have any facility for accepting electronic transfers from your bank account to their bank account. From your country the most practical way would be to buy a Western Union International Money Order which will be written in U.S. dollars, from your bank or post office or a Western Union agent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree