1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:05
    could a subscriber list as many extra benefits you get to subscribing?

I already know: tournaments, unlimited games, clans, a picture in your profile, rec posts, a forum ' nickname '
  2. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:11
    Originally posted by Ramned
    could a subscriber list as many extra benefits you get to subscribing?

I already know: tournaments, unlimited games, clans, a picture in your profile, rec posts, a forum ' nickname '
    Sieges, no ads, Alert Moderator button, easier to find opponents because some people won't play non-subs. Also, in connection with clans you get clan leagues and private forums.
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:13
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Sieges, no ads, Alert Moderator button, easier to find opponents because some people won't play non-subs. Also, in connection with clans you get clan leagues and private forums.
    what's a siege, clan league, and Alert Moderator button?

is that about all?

I'm only a little worried I might get carried away with the unlimited games.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:20
    what's a siege, clan league, and Alert Moderator button?

is that about all?

I'm only a little worried I might get carried away with the unlimited games.
    A siege is where you try to hold a board, you keep playing as long as you are winning. I don't know much about them as I have never played in one. A clan league is team play; each clan can enter a team of six players, and then you play in a group of teams and try to earn a place in a higher group. While clan challenges are set up individually, and you'll usually get paired with players around your own rating, in the clan leagues you'll quite likely meet players both far above and far below your own level. The Alert Moderator button is a link below each post where you can alert the moderator if you consider the post inappropriate for some reason.

Yeah, it's easy to get carried away with the unlimited games. Takes some learning.
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:24
    A siege is where you try to hold a board, you keep playing as long as you are winning. I don't know much about them as I have never played in one. A clan league is team play; each clan can enter a team of six players, and then you play in a group of teams and try to earn a place in a higher group. While clan challenges are set up individually, and you'll usu ...[text shortened]... eason.

Yeah, it's easy to get carried away with the unlimited games. Takes some learning.
    it seems cool..and you get some more features as they come along I suppose.

On the tournaments, do you typically play pople around your skill? Are they fairly competitive?
    And are clans / clan leagues worthwhile? Is there a sort of ranking on the clan leagues?
  6. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:43
    it seems cool..and you get some more features as they come along I suppose.

On the tournaments, do you typically play pople around your skill? Are they fairly competitive?
    And are clans / clan leagues worthwhile? Is there a sort of ranking on the clan leagues?
    There are banded and unbanded tournaments. In the banded tournaments you play against people in your rating range, in unbanded ones you can get anything. There are also different group sizes, so in some tournaments you only play one opponent at a time, while in others you'll get a big game load. Some are thematic, which means that you start from a certain position (usually a certain opening). The tournaments are as competitive as you make them - some of them are discussed in the Tournament Forum, people try to predict who's going to win etc. Some tournaments also have a small prize for the winner.

I find the clans the best feature for subscribers. Most importantly, you'll get games against players around your own strength this way. If I want more games, I just ask one of my clan leaders to set up some challenges. The private forums are also a great addition. Different clans use them to a different degree and for different purposes, so it's a good idea to think about what you want to get out of it (e.g. friendly chat, game analysis, or talking about a subject you are interested in) and ask around a bit before you join a clan. I have played in one clan league and enjoyed it very much, but it also adds a lot of games, and at the moment I prefer to have fewer games, so I'll stay out of the leagues for a while. As with the private forums, if you want to play in the leagues, you should choose your clan carefully. Many clans don't play in the leagues at all, and those who do usually don't play in all of them (there are leagues for different timeout settings).
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 17:281 edit
    ok. I'll subscribe later today, I think.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 22:11
    ok. I'll subscribe later today, I think.
    Good decision. 🙂
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 12:25
    Good decision. 🙂
    OK today: Soon!!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:13
    OK today: Soon!!
    Come on, come on, come on!

😠

I hate to wait!!!!

P-
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 00:19
    KEEE YAAAH

OUCHY WA WA

YOW

I see stars!!! WOW

This is exciting.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 00:30
    KEEE YAAAH

OUCHY WA WA

YOW

I see stars!!! WOW

This is exciting.
    Congratulations, the star looks good on you! 🙂
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 02:15
    Congratulations, the star looks good on you! 🙂
    I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO FIRST! 😵

I am going to go send feedback and comment.
    😲
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 10:23
    I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO FIRST! 😵
    I know one thing you shouldn't do:

Don't start too many games at the same time! Hold your gamelod within reasonable level.

When I became a paying member I did just that, started a bunch of new games. It didn't tak long before my rating plummeted as you can see at my profile.
  15. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I know one thing you shouldn't do:

Don't start too many games at the same time! Hold your gamelod within reasonable level.

When I became a paying member I did just that, started a bunch of new games. It didn't tak long before my rating plummeted as you can see at my profile.
    yeah I'm keeping it reasonable. (3 games now).

I haven't had much time to explore yet.

I got a profile picture 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree