1. Middletown, CT
    Moves
    22 Jan '04 05:26
    Russ:
    This site is fantastic, and this post is in no way meant to denigrate your work. I just wanted to suggest a few small features that would enhance the site imho.

1) As already mentioned in a previous post, when one mouses over in the player history graph it might be helpful for not only each game's player's ratings to show up, but also who was the victor and in what way was the game won (resign, timeout, mate, draw by agreement, draw by repeptition).

2) Sometimes I am involved in more than 20 games at once, yet I find it inconvenient to have the games broken up into pages of 20 when displaying them in 'my games'. I know one solution of this is to click on the 'view all games' link at the bottom of 'my games', each time this has occurred, but could it be possible to change something in one's profile so that by default 'my games' shows all the games listed on one page?

3) It seems there are several clans that have been discontinued, but their clan leader is unable to disband them. Could a disband clan button be added to the clan leaders' options so this doesn't occur in the future? Perhaps to avoid misuse, a clan would be required to acquire 5 points (or some other minimum value) before being able to disband. Maybe a warning could be given to clan founders before they create a clan about this rule?

4) Currently when one views another member's public game list, there is a check box for looking only at games that are finished. It is possible to make a similar option to look at only games that are still in progress?

5) Mousing over opponents country flags could result in displaying the name of the country. Also, I experimented with my country of origin and I found that several of the country's flags don't display properly (Nepal was the one that I recall).

That is all I can come up with for the time being. Again I want to stress that these are merely suggestions, and I already love the site as it is. I hope this merely provides you with ideas in ways to improve this great opus.
    greenphreak
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 Jan '04 05:402 edits
    Originally posted by greenphreak

2) Sometimes I am involved in more than 20 games at once, yet I find it inconvenient to have the games broken up into pages of 20 when displaying them in 'my games'. I know one solution of this is to click on the 'view all game ...[text shortened]... by default 'my games' shows all the games listed on one page?
    MySettings > MySiteSettings >
    View complete list of all games on "My Games" page
    The default view is paged with a preview icon. If you wish to see all your games at once, select the above option.
    The board preview feature will be disabled.
    🙂
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '04 12:38
    All your comments have been taken onboard (please note Flexmore's comment above)

Some decisions have been made previously to minimise the work load of our database ( it might appear obvious to show information in a certain place, but it might not be included because of the additional work that the database may have to do.) If things are looking good on the new kit, I can re-evaluate a few previous decisions like this, which might go some way to helping you with some of your requests.

I'm all tied up with RHP Live and the server upgrades at the moment, but I will soon be back on to RHP modifications - I can take a look then. (I need to re-read a lot of threads in this forum at that point!)

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree