1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    27 Jan '04 18:49
    Russ, I tried to copy the PGN of a game I played in the Bird Tournament (fixed position), but, of course, it didn't work!

You think this can be fixed?

Olav
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 01:271 edit
    what do you mean? I had a look at Game 289087 and at it's pgn and it's fine (as far as you can call it fine πŸ˜‰ )
    White's first move is d4...
    th

PS: perhaps one day we'll have perfect pgn with a FEN tag for alternative starting positions, read more under: http://www.yacdb.com/pgn/pgn_0909.htm#SEC09.7.1
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 02:42
    perhaps anyone knows anything about a standart time notation in pgn files (as comments)?
    [this could help Russ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ ]
    th
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 09:10
    Dear Russ,
    could you give us in the archive the option "send email of these games" with checkboxes for all games?
    I'd appreciate this very much πŸ˜€
    th
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 19:332 edits
    Originally posted by thire
    what do you mean? I had a look at Game 289087 and at it's pgn and it's fine (as far as you can call it fine πŸ˜‰ )
    White's first move is d4...
    th

PS: perhaps one day we'll have perfect pgn with a FEN tag for alternative starting ...[text shortened]... , read more under: http://www.yacdb.com/pgn/pgn_0909.htm#SEC09.7.1
    No, it's not fine at all, white's first move was 1.f5, but it isn't shown in the PGN because the pawn was already there when the game was started!

BTW, thanks for letting the world know I'm losing to a 1300 player! πŸ˜‰

Olav
  6. CandelΓ‘ria, RS
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 19:57
    There's a document at http://www.chesscafe.com/text/kibitz84.pdf that can help to understand PGN. But for the game pointed, there's a missing tag called "FEN", used when the game doesn't starts from the standard position (themed game or FisherRandom).
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 21:04
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    No, it's not fine at all, white's first move was 1.f5, but it isn't shown in the PGN because the pawn was already there when the game was started!

BTW, thanks for letting the world know I'm losing to a 1300 player! πŸ˜‰

Olav
    U R right!
    if I just read the pgn I will never know that the pawn was there at the beginning! It starts with black to move... πŸ™„
    and the solution is the FEN tag, as already said here several times. πŸ˜‰
    I'm not sure that you will loose: with so weak players as your opponent and me you never know 😡 -- all the best for the finish!!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree