1. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 09:141 edit
    After posting a newsgroup message, or a private message to another player, my browser now always says his page cannot be found - although the message seems to be posted succesfully - anyone else getting this?

Edit: Gadzooks - Predicatably it didn't do it when I posted this - it did when I sent the PM just before, maybe it's only PMs that it does it on now...
  2. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '04 00:03
    Just got it on reply to a newsgroup message. So it's not just PMs
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '04 00:04
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Just got it on reply to a newsgroup message. So it's not just PMs
    and when I posted that last one I got:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '04 02:03
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    and when I posted that last one I got:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Cl ...[text shortened]... k button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Sounds like redundant pages in the cache. Delete ALL your temp. internet files and cookies and try again.

skeeter
  5. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    19 Sep '04 21:02
    In MSIE you need to turn off "Friendly HTTP error messages". It's in the configuration page (scroll down a little on the page with all the checkboxes and you'll find it).

With that disabled, you will start to see the actual error messages... it could be you're getting a mini redirect that's being misinterpreted as an error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree